𝓡𝓱𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓿

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓿

The rumors circled the Realm. Rhaelle Targaryen was dancing with death. Her family prayed and prayed for a miracle. For her to miraculously get better. Alicent entered the princess chamber as she was alone. "Ali? Is that you?" Rhaelle asked. Alicent came to a halt. She didn't know Rhaelle was awake.

Alicent stood frozen for a couple of seconds. "Ali?" she asked once again. "Yes, Rhae?" Alicent replied. The nickname came easily as it did in their younger days. A nickname that she had not say in a long while.
"You've come to take care of me?" the princess asked with a smile. "Like you always do when I fall sick" she added. "Of course" she replied. Rhaelle smiled, it was a weak smile but she did smile at least. "Mother hasn't come to see me" she stated. "Is she alright?" Alicent was taken aback with that statement. "Rhaelle, your lady mother-" Rhaelle cut her off. "I know she's pregnant and is not allowed to do much or anything of that sort" Alicent felt the tears. Rhaelle was delirious.

Rhaelle tried to sit up but couldn't, Alicent then rushed to her side. "When I am better we will ride together on dragon back across the narrow sea and only cake like I told you we would a little while ago" Alicent felt the tears roll down her cheeks yet she nodded nevertheless. "You think mother will have a boy soon?" she asked. Alicent nodded, a sad smile appearing on her face.

"She'll have a son and everyone will be happy" Alicent told her. Alicent could imagine it at that moment. A universe where queen Aemma gave birth to a son and the boy or Rhaelle were named heirs. A universe where the queen lived and Alicent got to marry for love as did Rhaelle. Rhaelle smiled too. "I love you, Ali. You're very dear to me" Alicent's heart nearly stopped and melted at her words. It was so beautiful to hear her say those words, even if she was not in the right state of mind.

This was something Rhaelle had said to her once when she had gotten very ill. The young princess thought she was going to die and wanted to get everything out of the way. "I-" before Alicent could reply Laenor walked in. "Why are you here?" Laenor asked as the queen quickly stood. Alicent played with the her fingers out of nervousness. "I was just checking in on the princess, Ser Laenor" she replied. "My wife does not need you to come check on her" he said. "She is delirious, Laenor. She speaks of her mother and her pregnancy" she replied. Laenor's eyes soften but he quickly glared at Alicent. "Please leave my wife's quarters at once" Alicent said nothing. Before walking away she glance back at Rhaelle, she tried to memorize her face one last time in case.

The Queen left her chambers and finally, Rhaelle came back. "Laenor?" she whispered. He rushed to her side. "Yes, Rhae. I'm here" he said as he held her hand. "Has the babe come?" Rhaelle asked hopelessly, thinking that perhaps the babe had come. "No, my love. The babe has not come" he replied. She took a deep breath. "I wish to see my dragon. My sweet Merexion" the black and silver beast was named after Meraxes and Balerion as it was the only eggs between the two dragons. Mexerion was a bigger than Vhagar.

Laenor didn't know what to tell her. Her dragon had been restless as her rider was not well. "I'm scared" she admitted. "If my time comes sooner rather than later, at my end, I want to die a dragonrider's death" Laenor kissed her hand. "You are not dying, Rhaelle. I will now allow that to happen" Rhaelle felt the pain stronger this time and while Laenor went to look for a maester she escaped her confined chamber.

Mexerion was waiting for her as she finally made it to the beach. Her white nightgown was covered in blood. The she dragon watched her rider as she inched closer to her. She made it over to her dragon and then, she knelt in front of her. "Dracarys!" she ordered yet the she dragon did not nothing. She simply watched her clutch her stomach in pain.

The she dragon watched her rider

The she dragon watched her rider. She looked confused at her rider.

"Mexerion" she whispered softly

"Mexerion" she whispered softly. "Dracarys!" she yelled once again. Mexerion softly touched her rider. Rhaelle began to push. "Rhaelle!" she heard someone call. Daemon she thought. Rhaelle began to push. It was as if being close to her dragon gave her strength. Rhaelle delivered two healthy daughters that day. Princess Aemma after her mother and princess Laena after her dearest friend.

She knew her time was close. She put the two little girls far from her. Daemon, Corlys, Harwin, some members of the King's Guard, her husband and the king watched in horror as she knelt in front of Mexerion once again. "Rhaelle!" her father yelled. She looked at him and smiled. "Aemma and Laena" she said and they understood. "Dracarys Mexerion!" she begged and this time, as if she knew the babes were sound and safe the she dragon spewed her flames onto her rider, giving her the dragonrider's death she always wished for.

The men stood in shock until Laenor rushed to his wife but Mexerion roared at him

The men stood in shock until Laenor rushed to his wife but Mexerion roared at him. Corlys and Harwin picked the girls up and held them close. Rhaelle Targaryen was no more. The Realm's Queen had passed after childbirth leaving behind her two newborn daughters. Laenor stood there, watching the whole thing. He mourned her. He loved her. Daemon was shocked and did not know how to react.

The fire went in for three nights. Guards, Harwin and sometimes Dameon and Laenor return to see if it would stop but it just kept going. The news spread. The heir of king Viserys was no more. What was next? Who would be the next ruler of the Seven Kingdoms? What was to come now that she was gone?

(Not Edited)