𝓥𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓼 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷

𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗿𝘆𝗲𝗻

When Shiera Targaryen was born, her mother had wept

When Shiera Targaryen was born, her mother had wept. Alyssa Targaryen finally gave birth to a daughter after three sons. Viserys, Daemon and Aenys. Shiera had been the youngest of the four and the favorite of Prince Baelon as she was his only daughter. King Jaehaerys would tell her she was gonna be a queen one day. Shiera didn't want it but she was dutiful. As she grew older she her mother had prepared her to be queen after her and her grandmother Alysanne.

Years passed and Shiera grew into a beautiful woman. Shiera was unmarried at her young age, she had a niece who was three years younger than her. Rhaenyra was her mother's daughter. She was the vivid image of young Aemma Targaryen. Her brother loved his only child and no one could ever deny that. Daemon had been married to Rhea Royce since Shiera was a child. Aenys choose the live of a King's Guard. He swore to protect his brother and his heir.

When her mother and father passed she left for Dragonstone, it was easier to be away from every reminder of her family. She didn't return until Aemma's funeral. The queen had died during child birth, taken her son, Baelon with her. Her return was a shock as she barely even showed her face in King's Landing. Her return brought rumors, a Targaryen princess unmarried? What an absurdity. Her brother greeted her with open arms as he missed his little sister. Aenys doing the same. Young Rhaenyra clung to her like there was no tomorrow. She visited her brother very often that many began to whisper but the two paid no mind as they knew nothing was actually happening.

It was near three moons later that Viserys came to her. Shiear sat in her room, brushing her Snow White hair when a knock interrupted her. "Sister" she heard her brother's voice say. "Viserys" she greeted him with a smile. "May I speak with you?" he asked and she nodded. "Is this about you remarrying?" she asked and he nodded once again. "They said lady Laena is a great match" he began and she made a disgusted face. "A twelve year old girl?" she asked. He smiled. "That was my very exact reaction" he said. "I don't want to marry, lady Laena. I don't want to marry at all" he said. "Even if you do not want to, it's your duty to take a new wife. You should pick someone who will not only be your wife but your friend as well" he nodded.

He remain silent for a moment. "Lady Alicent has been visiting me, in my chambers. To talk" she gave a funny look. She should've known that Otto would try to place his blood on the throne. "I will be honest brother" he nodded. "Otto wishes to place his blood on the throne. If his daughter marries you and gives you a son, the boy will ascend to the throne. That is all he needs to then take over our kingdom, our people, our birth right" she said. She knew Otto wanted more than to be the second son. "Just make the right choice, brother" she said before kissing his cheek and heading to bed. Viserys bid her goodbye and walked out.

A few days later a council meeting was issued and she had been called to attend which she find odd but if she was about to meet Viserys new wife she wanted to be the first one to see her. "I've decided to take a new wife" Corlys, Otto, Alicent, Rhaenyra, Rhaenys and Shiera were ready to hear the name. "I intended to marry my sister, princess Shiera Targaryen in a moons time" the room fell quiet. Shiera could've sworn she could hear her own heart beating. She didn't get angry like she intended, instead she smiled at the council men, and the others that were there. She even smiled at her brother. She excused herself and then, when she reached her private quarters she cried. Daemon burst in, sometime later, the news had reached him. "You're marrying him?" he asked although he knew the answer. "Well, he didn't asked. He just made the announcement" she replied.

"Are you going along with it?" he asked as he approached her quickly. "Otto had been sending Alicent over to his chambers, you already know what he wanted to achieve. I would rather be eaten by Aella than let any of those Hightowers have their blood on our throne" she replied. Daemon could see the fire in her eyes. There was no changing her mind on that. He left her room that day and didn't see her, not even on her wedding as he never showed his face till Helaena's first name.

The years were kind to queen Shiera Targaryen. Her first pregnancy brought a son. Aegon, just like the conqueror. He had been born wailing like he was running into battle. The second brought Aemond and Rhaegar his older twin. Two years later in the year 110, princess Helaena and princess Visenya were born and the realm celebrated once again. The young queen was ver fertile. The realm did not only celebrated princesses first name but they were welcoming prince Daemon's return from the Step Stones. She didn't welcome her brother like Viserys and Aenys, she spent the day with Rhaenyra and her children. Rhaenyra found a mother, a companion, and a best friend in Shiera. The two trussed each other and took care of each other. Rhaenyra found out that Alicent tried to visit her father and probably tried to seduce him.

Shiera had a busy life as not only the queen but as a mother and wife. Daemon's return was celebrated everywhere as they had won the war although she often said many were hypocrites as they said it was his fault the war began in the first place. Daemon yearned to see his sister once again. He had been welcomed by both of his brothers but not by her. He found her in the Gardens, sitting down. She watched as Rhaenyra played with Aegon, Rhaegar and Aemond, Helaena sat on her lap as did Visenya. She was smiling at the sight. Daemon wanted her to be miserable. He truly did. If she was, she would run into his arms as he returned from battle. But, to his surprise and disappointment she was truly happy. Aegon looked a lot like their father, prince Baelon. Rhaegar looked like Viserys and Aemond looked like him. Helaena reminded him of his late grandmother, the old queen Alysanne and Visenya of their lovely mother. It was like seeing ghosts.

Daemon approached his sister, she kept looking at her children, paying little attention to what was around her. Daemon sat next to her and she remain quiet, she felt his presence. "Welcome home, brother" was all she said as Daemon leaned into her shoulder and she smiled. There were no words, just two siblings reunited. Thing was, everything was about to change, for everyone.

(Not Edited)