𝓐𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓦𝓸𝓵𝓯 𝓲𝓲𝓲

The return of Serena Stark and her husband to the Keep was well welcomed by the king, the queen and the people

The return of Serena Stark and her husband to the Keep was well welcomed by the king, the queen and the people. Aemon had recently lost his wife. Their two daughters were now motherless. As Jocelyn's close friend she took it upon herself to take care of the girls, something that Aemon appreciated. Aemon kept to his self most of the time. Not once did he speak to his brother even when Baelon tried to give him his condolences on Jocelyn's passing. Serena loved Jocelyn's girls, they reminded her of her own children.

Baelon and his lady wife had been back for merely two weeks when things grew tense and awkward in the Keep. Prince Daemon and his siblings were sparring, passing time and learning new techniques. Out of the two eldest, Daemon showed the most interest in sword fighting. Viserys was more interested in stories and philosophy. Princess Rhaenys had a wild nature, her mother deemed her a Northern spirit. Rhaena was more calm, taking to her lessons and flying her dragon dreamfyre. She spent more time in the sky than the land, alongside her twin sister Rhaenys and her dragon Meraxes. Viserys would often accompany his sister on his own dragon Balerion. Daemon rode the Cannibal, a beast he claimed on his first day in Dragonstone.

Prince Baelor rode Sunfyre, a beautiful and majestic dragon. Prince Rhaegar rode Tessarion known as the blue queen due to its blue fire. Prince Maegor had a dragon name Enya, the golden queen. House Targaryen was at its peak. Prince Baelon and his children had eleven dragons all together, including his and his wife's dragon. They were all great dragon riders. King Jaehaerys, despite not liking their marriage he was happy Serena gave his son many children.

Prince Daemon had taken a liking into traveling the city. In said city he learned a secret he didn't think was true. Someone who had once been closed to Ser Dayne, Princess Serena's guard had said prince Aemon had fathered some of Serena's children. Daemon could not believe it, his mother was loyal to his father and knew she loved him as he loved her. But, he had also heard of the many times Prince Baelon had forced himself on her and how he cheated on her with his sister, princess Alyssa.

Prince Daemon returned to the Keep and went straight to his mother. She sat by the window, looking at the ocean. "Mother" he spoke as he walked in and she smiled at his presence. "Daemon" she replied. "Is it true?" he asked. "Is what true, Daemon?" she replied. "What happen between you and father. Between you and uncle Aemon" there was a brief silence. "Daemon... I..." she said nothing. "There is so much that you do not know. I wish not to burden you with this secrets" she told him.

Years later, the Maesters would go to say that prince Daemon was a man of harsh nature but the love and loyalty he showed his mother was the type of love and loyalty a son should bear of his mother. Prince Daemon never married, he fathered many bastard children that his lady mother loved with all her heart. Prince Daemon never forgave his father yet Baelon always threw it on his face how he forgave his mother's infidelity although the young prince always said that his mother was loyal to him at first until he would allow Alyssa to act as if she was their mother and how he would force himself upon princess Serena when the princess Alyssa couldn't bear another child.

When Daemon confronted his father everything was known, at least at the dinner table. Princess Serena was not present as she was watching over Aella, Aemon's youngest child. "Is it true?" Daemon asked his father who was confused about his sons question. "Is what true?" Baelon asked. "You were having an affair with your sister, Alyssa?" the young prince asked. Saera sat straight, wanting to know more about this turn of events. Baelon didn't know what to do. So, Saera took it upon herself to inform yes. "Yes. The day you were born your father was by Alyssa's side as she took had gone into labor. Alyssa gave birth to a stillbirth child while your Mather gave birth to two healthy sons. Myself, Daella and Aemon were there they day you were born" Baelon looked at his children all gave him disapproving looks.

"I wish my mother was married to uncle Aemon instead of you" Rhaena said before she got up and walked away. Baelon's children all left the table. The king and queen looked at their sons while Saera and Daella smiled at the situation. "Did you really have to say that, Saera?" King Jaehaerys asked. Daella scoffed. Princess Daella was usually quiet and kept to herself but this time she would not. "Don't you think you've ruined our lives enough, father?" she asked and everything went quiet.

Daella never voiced her opinion and if she did it was only to Saera and Serena. "Serena has been loyal to Baelon since the moment they married and what did he do? He humiliated her in front of not only the court but the realm. He slept with our sister countless of times getting her pregnant but all of her babes never made it. Perhaps it's the gods punishing them for their sins" she said as she looked at Alyssa. "You defend her after she's been sleeping with Aemon?" Alyssa asked and Baelon looked right at his brother.

"Even if she did, why should it matter? You two did it first" Daella replied. Baelon was on his feet in seconds. "Is it true, Aemon?" his brother asked. Aemon said nothing but he did not waver nor did he looked down. He loved his Serena and he would always love her. "I love her. Always have and always will, just like you love Alyssa" he replied. "I'm going to kill you!" Baelon yelled before throwing himself against his brother. "You're my brother, Aemon! How could you do this to me?! To your own flesh and blood?!" he screamed at his brothers face.

Aemon pushed him off. "I considered you my brother once. My greatest ally. And want to know what you did, brother?" Baelon felt his heart break at his words. "Serena Stark is my greatest love. You knew this. You have always known this. When I began to look for a bride I told you, I wished to marry Serena. I told you that she was the only lady I saw myself being happy with. I told you she was the love of my life. The other half of my soul" the room had gone quiet at Aemon's confession.

"My whole life, she has been there. But, you could never allow me to be happy. You knew how she felt for you and you used that to get her to bed. You knew the maid went in to her room early. You wanted to be found. You may love Alyssa but you knew that Serena was a far better match and of course you knew it would hurt your brother if you married her. You could never see me doing better than you. You've always hated that. But you knew nothing else mattered to me more that Serena. You never loved Serena. You were simply using her" Baelon said nothing as his eyes landed on Serena.

Serena walked in. She said nothing. What could she say? She had heard enough. She had always known but hearing Aemon say it out loud was hurtful. Princess Serena made her way to the Dragonpit. There she had her dragon ready to take up into the sky. Once in the sky she spotted Meleys following behind her own dragon. Meleys was fast but Heartfyre was more agile. The storm caught both dragon riders off guard. Heartfyre did not wish to fight Meleys as the two had grown up together and always got along.

Alyssa saw red. Aemon and Baelon took after them trying to stop Alyssa but when they arrived they saw Heartfyre falling from the sky right into the Sea. When the reach the Sea they found nothing. Princess Serena had been lost in the Sea presumably dead. Princess Alyssa had murdered a royal member, a daughter of the North, a daughter of the Sea and a daughter of the Storm's. War seemed closer than ever over the jealousy of a princess. Is princess Serena dead or is she alive?

(Not edited)