𝓡𝓱𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓲𝓲

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓲𝓲

Rhaelle Targaryen felt the grief of losing Laena

Rhaelle Targaryen felt the grief of losing Laena. Princess Rhaenys despite navigating through her own pain and grief  she worried for the girl. The young princess would barely sleep and eat. Laenor, even though losing his sister pained him as well he worried for his wife. Daemon kept his distance, everyone believed he was trying to grief his wife. House Targaryen was at its breaking point and the night before they returned to King's Landing was the match that ignited the fire and divided the family once and for all.

Princess Rhaelle walked through the shores of Driftmark. Daemon followed her close behind, finally finding the courage to speak to her. "I know you're out there" she said loud enough for him to hear. He finally approached her. "Uncle Daemon" she greeted with a nod. "Niece" he replied. "What can I do for you, uncle?" she asked. "I wanted to speak with you" he replied before looking onto the endless sea. "About?" Daemon watched her carefully. Her eyes held no light, no glint of flintiness or even mischief as they once did. "I hear you've been watching over Rhaella" he stated.

She nodded as she too looked away, it pained him to look at him in the eyes. "Yes. I made a promise to my darling Laena that I would watch over Rhaella. I promised her that I would love her as if she was my own" he nodded. "I am..." he stopped. "I wanted to apologize" he began. "Why? Are you feeling guilty for taking her away from me?" she asked as the tears began to form. "I loved Laena, as much as I love you" he replied. Daemon seemed heartless and cold to many, that's what they had named him the Rouge Prince or Maegor The Cruel. But, everyone that knew him well knew that he loved his Lady Laena but one thing was true, he did not love her as much as he loved his princess Rhaelle.

Rhaelle looked into his eyes. Indigo meeting indigo. Some would say princess Rhaelle and her uncle shared the same eyes. The same souls. "I was never much of a believer. Not when my grandfather died, not when my brother died. Not when my mother died. But, when I received Laena's letter my world collapsed. My mind wouldn't let me rest until I could get my eyes to hers. I prayed and prayed on the way to Pentos" there was a brief pause.

Rhaelle looked at the sea once again. "I love Laena. She came into my life a time when I needed someone. When Alicent married my father my world had collapsed. She was my closest companion since the day we met. She was my first kiss. She loved me and I loved her. But, even though she loved me she could never be love me the way Laena did. Alicent was too dutiful to even be with me as Laena had" Daemon took a step closer.

Rhaelle said nothing before taking a deep breath. "Laena loved me without condition, she loved me with everything she had" he nodded. "Laena loved me. I know that much. But I know she never loved me the way she loved you" he smiled at the thought. "I remember when she told me she didn't care who I laid with as long as she was allowed to be with whoever she wished. I never paid attention to it for it was none of my concern. After all, our marriage was just a political agreement" he looked away.

He finally made it to where she stood. "But, one day, I saw her going to you. I saw her eyes lit up as you open your chamber doors. The way you smiled at her. Love and adoration in her eyes. In your eyes" he looked away from her. "I realized with time that she was utterly, completely and irrevocably in love with you. And you, were in love with her" he grabbed her hand and caressed it with his thumb.

He took a deep breath. "I remember when I confronted her about it. I was angry. Or rather jealous that she had you and I did not. I was jealous of the way you looked at her. Of the way you admired her. The was you appreciated her, her love, her company. Everything. I didn't mind that she did not love. But I did mind that you loved her and not me" he smiled at something.

He looked at Rhaelle in the eyes. "I remember when she found out I was in love with you. She never let me live that down, even when the three of us were together" Rhaelle giggled. That was something her Laena would do. "She was the one who convinced to actually speak on how I felt. She didn't mind sharing. She knew about you and Ser Harwin as well. I didn't mind either. And I knew Ser Harwin was a good man" she smiled.

Rhaelle was going through so many emotions she didn't know what to feel. She knew she missed her Laena. She knew that much. Thing was, Rhaelle didn't know where to go from there. What was her next move going to be? Laena was gone, leaving not only her family behind but her as well. When Lady Laena Velaryon died after childbirth she took a part of Rhaelle's heart with her. Leaving her with a hole in her heart that she didn't know if it would ever be filled again.

Before she could mutter a word she felt an aching pain. She knew that pain well enough. The babe was coming. Daemon noticed her discomfort. "What is it?" Daemon asked, concerned laced in his voice. "Rhaelle? What is it? Is the babe?" Daemon asked again as she did not reply. She looked up at him. "The babe. Is coming" he turned around as if to look for someone but she held his arm, asking him to turn. "Something is wrong, Daemon. I can feel it" she said, pain in her voice. She groaned in discomfort. Daemon rushed her back to Driftmark.

Laenor spotted them, Daemon carried, his steps quick. "What happened?!" Laenor asked, concerned for his wife. "The babe is coming"  Laenor froze for a second before reacting. "Give her to me" he ordered. Daemon stopped and looked at him. "Give her to me, Daemon" he repeated. "It's fine, Daemon. He'll take care of me" she said to him in hopes to avoid an unnecessary fight. Laenor took her and rushed to their rooms while Daemon went to get help.

Princess Rhaelle's sudden labor held everyone from returning to the Keep. Her brothers, sisters, father and other family members worried for her. She had been in labor for nearly a day and a half now and nothing was happening. Fear over took everyone when the Maester spoke. "The babe will not come on, my lord, my king" he said to both Laenor and the king. "We've tried everything" he said. "I do not wish to resort to my last way" he added. "Which is?" Alicent asked. "Cutting the princess open to take out the babe. At the point we are now, only one could survive. And that is a bit hope. Neither one might survive" everyone's mind rushed to the day queen Aemma died.

Princess Rhaelle hanged by a thread. Will she survive or will she succumb to the same fate as her mother, and grandmothers?

(Not edited)