We might mess that up too.

Oh well.

I get aux because River listens to anything and I play Fallen Star by The Neighbourhood. Listening to that song is just like having your ears blessed.

"I'm blessing your ears with this song."

"You bless my ears with every song."

"I already knew that."

After about ten more minutes we finally make it to the supermarket and he pulls into a parking spot.

We both get out of the car at the same time but he rounds the car, opens the door and pushes me back inside before closing and opening it again.

"Did you know assaulting people is considered a crime?" I ask, getting back out of the car and fixing my clothes.

"You're dramatic, I barely touched you."

"Yeah whatever."

We make our way inside as he interlocks our hands. "Did you know we aren't dating?" I ask.

"Oh trust me I know."

"Oh."

"You just wait, gorgeous. I've got things planned."

"I'll be waiting."

We make our way to the cooler and freezer aisle and even though he's taller I somehow walk faster so he's trailing behind me.

"MA'AM WAIT! PLEASE WAIT!" I hear abruptly and I turn around with a look of horror on my face as almost everyone in the area turns to look at River reaching for me.

I can't take him anywhere.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I think my mom instincts have come out because I have officially unlocked the serious voice while gritting my teeth.

"Oh how I love when you do that." He grins and drags me to where the desserts are.

"I will laugh when one of these days you get in trouble."

I grab all the different pillsbury holiday cookies they have and hand them to River. There's ones with Christmas trees along with Santa and some other designs.

"Do you need anything else while we're here?" I ask.

"No I think we're all good."

We make it to the front and head to self-checkout since we only have a few things. River likes scanning them so I let him and I pull my card out of my wallet to pay but someone else has other plans.

"No." River snatches my card from my hand and inserts his own causing me to huff. "This was my idea."

"I don't care, my Vee doesn't pay for things." The machine beeps and he takes his card out and grabs the bag before interlinking our hands and heading back out to the card.

"Nor do you carry things."

"This is why I need to get you a gift." I vent.