12

Alamort; Half dead or exhausted.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

We're already at the restaurant and there was no wait so we got sat right away.

I wasn't sure if it would be really fancy and I would be underdressed but it seems to be really casual and some would even say I overdressed.

We are sat at a booth, River next to me with my mom across from us. The restaurant is modern-ish you could say. It wasn't dark like fancy places but it wasn't too bright. Obviously all the decor, lights, and furniture had to be new if they just opened.

A server comes back with three menus and three sets of silverware, one for each of us. "What can I get you guys to drink?" He asks, pulling out his notepad and a pen.

"I'll have a Lemonade." My mom says.

"Dr. Pepper." River says.

"I'll just have a water." I'm not a big fan of soda. I don't necessarily know why but I just don't enjoy it, too carbinated I guess.

"Alright, I'll be back with those in a few." He puts his pen and notepad back into the pocket of his apron. "Thank you." We all say before he leaves to do what he needs to do.

"So, anything exciting happen at school today?" My mom asks, resting her arms on the table.

"Nope." I lie. Totally didn't get hit in the face during dodgeball, get a bloody nose, punch said person, and then give them a bloody nose.

"Nope, just the regular stuff." River lies.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he just flat out told my mom what happened today simply because he thought it was a little funny.

"Oh well, River, do you play any sports?" She asks.

"Basketball."

"When does that start?"

I'm starting to think she only wanted me to bring him so she could get to know him.

She's playing matchmaker a little too hard.

"Novemberish- December. I'm not really sure but I know I have some time."

"Oh, well thats fun! VeeVee, you shold do something, get engaged with the school or something." She suggests to me.

I hate getting involved with the schools, it's so pressuring. Kind of.

"No."

"Why not?"

"What would I even do? Join a club?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No, there are other things. Some people even choose to be the mascot. I don't know why they would voluntarily do that though. That thing probably stinks." She rambles on.

As my mom finishes whatever she was saying the server comes back with our drinks.

"Are you guys ready to order or do you need a few more minutes?" He asks.