37

Apricity;  the warmth of the sun in the winter.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

It turns out River and I ended up falling back asleep after our heart to heart, everyone making it home on their own and not bothering us.

However, since it is the next day I do have to deal with my consequences.

A pounding headache cause me to be in pain as I wake, glancing over to see River still sleeping. His mouth is slightly open and half of his hair is stuck to his forehead.

An ideas pops into my head and I grab my phone,  going to the camera app I zoom out and get the phone really close to his face and snap the pic.

Absolutely zonked out.

I set my phone back on the bed and sit up, kicking my legs over the edge of the bed.

A thought pops into my head and I realize I need to do it now while I'm in a good headspace. I grab the little baggie from inside my desk drawer and head to the bathroom.

Opening the toilet, I take the pills out of the bag and hold them in my hand.

This is the right thing to do.

Do it.

I take a deep breath and drop them in the toilet, flushing it right after.

"I'm proud of you." And holy shit does my stomach drop. I gasp and place my hand to my chest and look the right of me to see River awake and standing in the doorway.

"You scared the shit out of me, I thought you were sleeping."

"I was but now I'm not and like I said, I'm proud of you, you did the right thing."

Once I've recollected my bearings, I walk into him and rest my head against his chest as he wraps his arms around me.

"I want to be better," I mumble.

"And I'm here to help you along the way," he reassures.

This calls for a pinch to the hip which then results in a hiss and a swat to my hand.

"I'm trying to be cute and you resort to violence."

"I'm sorry, you're just not real. There is no way."

"I am definitely real, Vee."

"Only fake people say that," I reply as I walk back to my room."

"Whatever."

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"What do you guys have planned for the rest of Thanksgiving break?" My mom asks as she places breakfast in front of me and River.

"Nothing much," River says as I stuff my face. I'm too hungry to answer, these pancakes are delicious.

Once I'm done chewing my food I throw out my own answer, "We might go on a walk today."