31

Evanescent; Soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙
River's pov;

Just as I step foot into my room, my phone dings. Searching my pockets, I finally pull it out to see it's from Vee.

A smile overtaking my face.

But then that smile is wiped away when I read it.

Vee<3: I did something bad.

She doesn't elaborate, and I don't have time to reply as I grab my keys and practically run down the stairs.

"Where you going?" My mom asks from the kitchen as I run for the front door.

"Vee's," Is all I say before I slam the door shut behind me and head to my car.

I don't put my seatbelt on nor do I even turn on the radio. The car is on and I'm backing out of my driveway before speeding to her house.

A million thoughts race through my head, all these what ifs but I try to keep myself from thinking about them.

Though, there's a million possibilities going through my head. Maybe she did do something bad, or something bad happened to her, or someone did something, or even someone instigated her to do something.

I also don't think I've ever been this scared either. I've probably broken about five laws by now, but I don't care.

I just want to get to her house, I need to get to her house.

My speeding cut the drive in half and I pull in behind Vee's car. There's also a possibility she isn't home or maybe her door is locked.

Her moms car is gone so maybe they're still out, but I think if she did something bad her mom would have already helped deal with it.

I don't know, but when I get up to her front door and turn the handle, it opens. All the lights in the house are off and I don't hear anything from down here.

I shut the door behind me and head up the stairs towards her room. Throwing open her door, I still don't hear anything or see any movement.

I check her closet, and she's not there. "Vee, baby, where are you?" I call out, hoping that maybe she'll answer.

And then it finally clicks in my brain that there's a possibility she's in the bathroom. Walking back into the hall, I can see the light on in the bathroom peeking out under the door.

I go up to the door and knock, "Vee, are you in there?" No answer. "Can I come in?" I try again, no answer. "I want to help you." I tell her, waiting for some sort of answer again.

But I don't get one.

And that scares me.

After a moment I finally hear movement on the other side and then the click of the lock. Slowly, I turn the door handle and open it.

The first thing that catches my eye is a small baggy on the counter that's empty, but when I open the door all the way I see Vee sitting on the floor.