22

Blatherskite; a person who talks at a great length without making much sense.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

Birthday's are a thing you either hate or love. There is no in between.

But it's usually more common for you to hate it as you get older. And it's not necessarily that you hate your birthday, you hate the memories that come with it.

Most people though, continue to love their birthday the older they get.

I think River is one of those people. And I'm glad for that because I hate my birthday and hating a birthday sucks.

His birthday is today and it's on a Friday too. I feel like that's a pretty good combo.

Although, we do still have to go to school.

I already went to the gas station and got him his favorite drink and donuts and now I just have to get to school.

I pull in the parking lot and park, grabbing my things before locking the car.

"Happy Birthday!" I grin as I hand him the bag.

"Thank you." He says with a smile while looking in the bag.

He looks up from the bag and takes a step closer to give me a hug.

He's been doing that a lot.

Like every time we hang out, a lot.

I guess ever since I actually hugged him back he wants to hug more now.

I'm not complaining because even though I'm not a person who hugs, I love his hugs.

They're just warm and welcoming, comfortable.

"Is Ivy Reeves hugging someone right now?" Finn says.

"I'm witnessing it with my own two eyes." Aspen replies.

I scoff and pull away, facing the other three dipshits.

Well, two, Beah isn't a dipshit.

"I hate you all." I say before walking to the school doors.

"I beg to differ." River says from behind me.

He catches up to me and slings an arm over my shoulder as we head to first period and the others go their separate ways.

"So, how are you spending your birthday later?" I ask knowing well enough we're doing something he doesn't know about.

"I'm having dinner with my mom after school and I'm not sure what else. No one has mentioned anything." He explains, a small frown on his face when he says no one has mentioned anything yet.

"Don't worry," I pat his arm, "I'm sure your birthday will be amazing."

"Yeah, as long as you're here." He adds a wink at the end which makes me blush even more.