26

Vorfreude; The joyful, intense anticipation that comes from imagining future pleasures.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"I forgot to ask you, how did your date go?" I ask Beah as her, Kat, and I get ready for the Halloween dance in my room.

Beah made the plan that the guys would get ready at Finn's place and the girls would get ready at my place.

Apparently Beah and Aspen are going as Batman and Cat-woman. Finn and Kat are going as Aladdin and Jasmine.

Lastly, River and I are going as Woody and Jessie. Kind of basic, kind of not. All I know is I look fucking hot as a cowgirl.

"It went really good, he took me to this fancy restaurant, got me flowers, opened doors, held doors, paid, y'know? All the good stuff." She says while doing her makeup at my vanity.

Beah already braided Kat's hair for her and now Kat is braiding mine. The conclusion that I have come to is that I am the only one that can't braid.

Don't get me wrong, I have tried but I just couldn't get it and tutorials on Youtube didn't help much either.

Maybe I'm just uncoordinated.

That's probably it.

"Okay, how do I look?" Beah asks, turning around to face us. I slightly turn my head as Kat does the same.

"Sexy."

"Hot."

Kat and I reply which causes Beah to grin, "Really?"

"Yes." We reply at the same time.

She sighs, "I love you guys."

"I don't see why you wouldn't." I joke.

"I take it back."

"Kidding."

"Kat?" Beah says.

She hums in response as she finishes up the second braid.

"You look really hot in that Jasmine costume."

"Thanks." She says with a light laugh.

Kat finishes my braid as Beah gasps from the side of us. I furrow my eyebrows and turn towards her wondering why the hell she just did that.

"Are you blushing?" I look to Kat and she is in fact blushing. Her cheeks are a light pink along with the edge of her ears and the front of her nose.

"No, stop." She mumbles turning the other way while covering her face.

"I'm not good with compliments." She says after a moment but it's a little muffled by her hands.

"Yeah yeah." Beah says, waving her off.

"The guys are downstairs waiting." My mom says, peeking through the door.