17

Affinity; A connection between two or more similar things: A natural understanding and sympathy between people.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

Homecoming is tonight and I'm more nervous than I thought I would be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just more nervous about getting ready.

It didn't take long for me to find a dress either. It's only homecoming so I just needed a really simple dress and I found the perfect one.

It's a body con dress with spaghetti straps and it's a dark emerald green color. The sides of the dress are scrunched together to give it a better look.

It's not too short and not too long, it hugged my body just right and it was the color I was going for.

It would have been wrong of me to pass it up.

River never showed me his suit so I can only hope it's the correct shade to match mine. But if not, oh well. We'll still look good anyway.

Beah and I have actually hung out together the past few days, she's actually really fun to be around.

Granted she's the one that does most of the talking but I like when people talk.

Sometimes she'll ask me something and I won't really have much to say but it's okay because she makes up for it.

I asked her if she was going to homecoming and she said she wasn't, especially how last minute it was for her and I felt bad but she said it was okay.

She even offered to help me get ready today.

Which I am very thankful for because I don't have a lot of makeup and if I did I wouldn't be able to do it, and I don't think a youtube tutorial would do me justice either.

Even if Beah couldn't help me today, my mom had today off so she would have helped me but I don't trust her to do my makeup either.

Beah's makeup is really good and I think she's excited to do mine for me because she just wouldn't stop smiling.

My mom hasn't met Beah but I'm sure they'll get a long, my mom likes almost anyone.

Not my old friends though.

I don't know when to get ready but Beah said she'll be over around 2 which gives us three hours or so to get ready.

Apparently Finn and Aspen found dates to go with so we're all going out to eat first before homecoming, and they wanted to go to dinner at around 5 because the dance is at 7.

I don't know how they planned it or when but I would not have expected them, of all people, to be able to plan all that.

It's around noon right now and I haven't done anything all since I woke up.

My mom and I have been sitting in the living room watching movies and it's more relaxing then I thought.

"Are you going to need help getting ready later?" My mom asks as she gets another movie.