10

Hiraeth; A homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"What the fuck?" I mumble.

My eyes are playing with me. Or this has to be a joke. Maybe I'm dreaming?

"Can you pinch me?" I ask River, still looking at the person who just walked through the door.

He does, "Ow!" I guess I'm not dreaming.

"You asked me to." He shrugged.

"Do you know him or something?" Finn asks.

"Yes."

"How?" River asks.

I sigh and turn towards them again. "I knew him from Texas, he's a year older. Our friend group used to be really big and we did a lot of things. Junior year then went to shit, everyone fell apart, he moved without telling us. I just wasn't expecting it to be here." I vaguely explain.

"Do you want to say hi?" River asks.

"No." I reply rather too quickly.

Saying hi unlocks memories, unlocks people, opens up a door for conversation. Something I don't want to do. Especially since it's partly his fault.

"Um, okay." River nods.

Just then, the server comes back over and asks everyone what they want. Considering it's still morning we all get something breakfast related.

"The pancakes here are fucking amazing." Finn says.

"Hell no, the waffles are better." Aspen shoots back.

"I'm going to go with waffles on this one." River speaks up, taking sides with Aspen.

"Well, I don't know but I do love pancakes so I'm going to trust Finn on this." I hope he's not fucking lying.

The only worse thing than bad pancakes is bad syrup. Trust me, I've had that.

Shit tasted like... shit.

"I just realized we're seniors." Aspen randomly says.

"The fuck did you think we were? 1st graders?" I quirk a brow.

Finn chokes on his sprite that he was drinking and River looks the other way.

"No, I mean the fact that we are already seniors feels unreal." He elaborates.

That's true, I didn't think I would make it this far.

"I get what you mean now." Finn nods.

"What do you guys even want to do after Highschool?" What do guys even want to do for a job?

"Psychologist." River says before taking a sip of his drink.

"Comedian or some shit, I haven't thought about it." Finn says. Surprisingly, I'm not surprised.

"Therapist." Aspen says.