34

Monachopsis; The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

I regret staying up late last night because it's left me with a headache, something I don't enjoy.

This is the last day before Thanksgiving break starts and I couldn't be more grateful. I know River still has to go to practice some days but that's okay.

River also offered to pick me up today and I wasn't going to turn down a free ride, especially with how tired I am.

Knight: Here.

I throw my bag over my shoulder and make sure to grab my wallet on my way out of the door. My mom was working early again this morning so she could come home earlier to make dinner for us, which I thought was nice.

"Hey gorgeous." River says as I slide into the passenger seat and toss my bag into the back.

"Hey." I grin. "Guess what?"

"What?" He asks, reversing out of my driveway.

"Apparently my mom talked to your mom and they think it's a good idea for you guys to come over for Thanksgiving and then we can invite the others unless we all just want to do it by ourselves on a different day." I explain.

I wasn't surprised my mom thought it was a good idea since it's now just us two, but I was a little surprised when River's mom agreed to it.

Although I hope to a god I don't believe in that his father can't make it for some odd reason if we do all do it at my house.

"We can ask them today at lunch, but we'll most likely come over on Thanksgiving."

I nod and we continue the rest of the drive in silence while the music plays in the background or the occasional small talk.

Once we pull into the school parking lot, everyone else is already parked and waiting for us.

I don't understand how they get here so fucking early.

"You guys realize the bell is about to ring in like two minutes right?" Finn asks once we step out of the car.

"And that's more than enough time to make it to first period." I grin.

"You better walk fast than, girl." Beah says from beside Kat whos outfit is a-fucking-dorable.

"Kat, what the hell are you doing showing up here in an outfit looking that good." She averts her gaze from me and her cheeks tinge a light pink.

"Thank you." She mumbles.

"Better not let her go." I mumble to Finn as I walk past him with River following behind.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Reeves." Finn says, sending me a wink before turning to walk with Kat.

"We're that friendgroup." River speaks up as he holds the school door open for me.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means we're that one friendgroup where we're all dating each other."

"Oh well, we look hot doing it." I shrug as we head for the stairs.