19

Ambedo; A kind of melancholic trance in which you become completely absorved in vivid sensory details; briefly soaking in the experience of being alive.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙
River's pov;

I sigh, "This was by far the best homecoming." My eyes catch with Vee's and I wink which causes her to shake her head.

Aspen and Finn nod but leave to I'm assuming, get another drink.

"Could have been better," She says once we're standing alone.

"How?" I ask, turning to look at her.

She looks at me, "If you kissed me."

Fuck.

Jesus Christ.

I can't believe she just said that.

"Well, I mean, it isn't over yet." I tell her, my lips slowly pulling into a smirk.

"What isn't over?" Aspen asks with Finn following behind.

"My conversation with Vee." I grit out.

I think a record is forming on how many times I have been cockblocked tonight.

"Oh, well it is now," Finn says.

"What are you guys doing after this?" Ivy asks.

"Haven't decided yet actually." I say.

"Actually Aspen and I have to get home because we have to get up early tomorrow." Finn says.

"Why you and Aspen?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

"Because I have to babysit and I'm forcing him to help. Layla actually likes him instead of you." He says it like I've done something for her to not like me.

I haven't by the way.

I scoff, "I haven't done anything for her to not like me."

"She thinks you're weird."

"Whatever," I mumble, taking a sip of his drink, again.

"So what are you guys going to do after this?" Aspen asks us.

"I don't know," I shrug, "But I do know that I don't have to be home."

"Want to come over?" Vee asks which causes me to nod my head a little too fast for my liking.

"Okay pretty boy," She chuckles, "That looked a little eager."

"Shut up," I say, finishing off Finns drink.

"I just got that drink and now it's gone." Finn says, throwing his hands up in despair.

"Hmm," I fake pout, "You poor thing." He snatches the cup out of my hands and throws it in the trash.

"You definitely don't need anymore," He says.