3

Tacenda; things better left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"Did you know that there is one letter in the entire alphabet that doesn't appear in any U.S state name?" Finn asks us.

At this point I think sitting by myself would be better than this right now.

"We've been over this before." River mumbles, dragging a hand over his face.

"No we haven't, or I wouldn't have mentioned it."

"Do you even know what the letter is?" I ask.

"No."

"Q, the letter is q dumbass." I inform him.

I look around the cafeteria, everyone seems to be busy chatting with someone, laughing with someone, laughing at someone.

They all seem to be enjoying themselves.

They belong here, this is where they should be. Laughing and making jokes with their long time friends without a care in the world.

Some graduating this year, some graduating next, some just coming into High school.

"So, do we get to know anything about mysterious Ivy over here?" Aspen asks, bringing my attention back to the table.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Maybe I like to be mysterious." I shrug.

"Maybe I like to be curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat."

"Satisfaction brought it back." He smirks as if he just won something.

"Do you see me satisfying you?"

"No, but the janitors closet is over there." He grins.

"I'm leaving." Disgust plastered all over my face.

As I get up, thankfully the lunch bell rings.

Everyone starts leaving the cafeteria, heading towards their classes, we stay back and let everyone get through first before trying to go to class.

Eventually the crowd dies down and I follow River to class, noticing the guys following us too.

We all walk into math class and head to sit in the back corner. I get window seat, Rive to the left of me, Aspen in front of him and Finn in front of me.

"So, do you have any siblings?" Finn asks.

I tense.

Do you have any siblings?

Siblings.

"Uhm, well, uh, yeah, but he is in college- at college." I stutter.