25

Serendipity; Finding something good without looking for it.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙
River's pov;

"You gotta fill us in." Finn says, coming to sit down next to me. It's lunch time and I have absolutely no idea where the girls are at but the guys are here.

"About what?" I ask, taking a bite out of my spicy chicken sandwich. Personally, this is like the only hot school food I'll eat other then that I eat the Uncrustables.

"So you and Ivy just kiss and we're all supposed to pretend like that happens everyday? Oh, wait. Let me rephrase that, you kiss Ivy and we're supposed to pretend like that's normal?"

"Well, no, but I don't really know what you want me to say." I shrug.

Instead of sitting here and talking to these two dipshits, I'd rather be kissing Ivy.

Yeah, you heard me right, kissing.

I haven't ever met someone that I have wanted to kiss like all the time.

But I mean, can you blame me? If you knew what her lips felt and tasted like, I don't think you would ever want to stop kissing her.

"Hello? Dipshit! Stop thinking about your girlfriend." Finn waves his hand in my face.

I swat it away, "She's not my girlfriend."

"Yet." He winks.

"What were you having your hand in my face for anyway?" I ask, glancing over to the doors that lead to the lunchroom.

"I was asking if you think Ivy is going to ask you to the halloween dance Friday. Y'know, the whole girl asks the guy thing."

"Well, I mean if that kiss was as good to her as it was to me, I would hope she would ask me to the dance."

"You get no action and then kiss someone once, and you're off the deep end." Aspen cuts in.

"You're just mad I kissed my girl and you don't have the balls to kiss yours." I tease, a shit eating grin on my face.

He rolls his eyes, "I hope you fall down the stairs."

I ignore his threat or whatever you want to call it and turn to Finn, "Do you know where they are?"

"Who?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"The girls, dumbass." I shake my head as his face fills with realization.

"Said they were working on a project." Aspen says.

Finn wiggles his eyebrows at me in a suggestive way, "A project as in making a sign to ask you to the dance."

I groan, "Okay, I get it, now stop being a creep. Bouncing your eyebrows at me like that deserves a trauma warning." Aspen snorts which causes Finn to punch him as he glares at me.

"I agree with Aspen, I hope you fall down the stairs." He picks up his tray and leaves. Aspen and I share a look before shaking our head and dumping our trays too.