8

Marcid; Withered; incredibly exhausted

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"What am I supposed to wear to this dinner?" I ask my mom who's getting ready in her room. It's Sunday which means we have to go to the dinner but she never told me what to wear.

"It's at her house and we're pretty close so wear whatever." She tells me before walking past me and heading towards the bathroom.

Casual, I can do casual.

I think.

Sighing, I turn around and head back towards my room and into the closet. Thankfully I thought to take a shower this morning so I don't have to now.

I grab a pair of beige/tan wide legged pants, a brown cropped tanktop and my brown zip up jacket. Once I'm dressed I put on my black high top converse.

I head back out into the hallway and head for the bathroom, thankfully my mom is back in her room so we don't have to squish in the bathroom and try to share it.

I'm debating if I should brush my hair or tie it back in a low bun. My hair is frizzier than usual today. Usually it's like a bit wavy and a bit straight but on some days it ends up getting really frizzy and wavy, today is one of those days.

I truly don't even know what my hair type is, there is a possibility it could be really wavy but I never knew so I never used the correct products and now it looks like it's dead.

I don't want to deal with frizzy hair today so I quickly tie it into a low bun and head back to my room. I put on some deodorant, perfume and jewelry before my mom says it's time to go.

I grab my phone and shut my door before heading down the stairs, my mom already waiting by the door.

"I like your outfit." My mom compliments, giving me a small smile.

"Thank you." I reply. She opens the door and I leave first and she locks the door behind her.

Once we're in the car she starts the drive to her friends house.

After a few minutes I start to recognize the route and my suspicions are confirmed when we pull up in front of River's house.

Oh jesus fuck.

"Mom."

"What?"

"You said you didn't know who her son is?" I ask again.

"Nope."

"See, the thing is you do..." I trail off.

"How?" She asks, looking at me now.

"It's River."

"How do you know?" She raises a brow at me.

"Because I've picked him up from his house before, this is his house." I explain.

"Oh, then that's great!" She grins, turning off the car and getting out.