4

Absquatulate; to leave without saying goodbye.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"Mom?!" I yell throughout the house as soon as me and River walk through the door.

"In the kitchen!"

Slowly we make our way over to the kitchen to see my mom baking brownies.

"Hey honey, who's this?" She asks, gesturing to River awkwardly standing to the right of me.

"River, we are partners for a project and probably my only friend?" I say more in a question. I'm not sure if we fully ever established if we were friends or not.

And I won't push where they can't pull.

"Yeah, I pretty much showed her around so now she's stuck with me." He grins, lazily throwing an arm over my shoulder.

Well there's my answer.

"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Lily, Ivy's mom." My mom introduces herself.

"I'm River. Wait- sorry she just said that." He nervously chuckled. Now, he was just throwing his arm around me and grinning and now all of a sudden he's shy.

Okay.

"We'll be upstairs if you need us." I tell her before directing River to my room.

"Don't have too much fun!" She yells.

I groan as River just chuckles. I open my bedroom door and let River go in first.

I''m glad I cleaned my room earlier this week or it would look way worse than it does right now.

River stands right in the middle and slowly looks around while turning his body like those people in movies.

Dramatic.

"I like your room." He compliments, sitting down on my bed.

"Thanks." I grab my bag and pull out my science notebook.

"What is our project even supposed to be about?" He asks.

"Science, we have to make a powerpoint or poster for something but I haven't looked at all the details yet."

He nods and starts digging through his bag, which he ends up pulling I'm assuming to be his science notebook out.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"I can't believe you forgot a poster board." River says shutting the door behind me.

After we started doing our research and going through how we were going to make the layout, we finally realized we needed a poster because we both don't have computers to use for a powerpoint.

"Me? You should have said something, I was the one going over the correct research and organizing it." I defend.

Thankfully, it wasn't too late in the day. Just before dinner so we had time to get one before dinner was done.