Vol.2 Chapter 2.3 - Unexpected Conclusion

In the center of a great forest, a ring of fire danced, casting billowing smoke into the darkened sky. Amidst the roar of flames and the crackle of lightning, the fierce clash between two species unfolded — one intelligent, the other fierce. It was a surreal sight, a concert of elements and an ensemble of indifference and fury.

"Roarrr!!!"

The Blazing Demon Lions roars remained a relentless backdrop to Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's ears, much to his dismay. Outnumbered eighteen to one, it was utter chaos. Yet, in the midst of the frenzied onslaught, he alone remained impassive.

With an almost mechanical precision, Ayanokouji moved; his every action minimal and efficient. With a flick of his wrist, a surge of lightning shot out from his fingers, repelling a beast that had ventured too close. His eyes were calm and unwavering, surveying the immediate battlefield with a detached focus, his interest lying only on the battle unfolding at the other corner of the ring of fire.

— — —

"Hahahaha!" Ichinose's sweet laughter filled the air. Ripples of five-colored energies cascaded in her vicinity; their exuding might, gripping and awe-inspiring.

She moved around the chaos with grace and elegance, her smile never leaving her face. Each clash seemed to fuel her exhilaration, her grin broadening with every exchange as though she reveled in the pure adrenaline of combat. Truly, it was as if a switch had been flipped inside of her, one that revealed a facet that thirsted for nothing more but battle against a powerful foe.

The  Blazing Demon Lion King, proving worthy of its title, faced the unusual  presence unfazed

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The Blazing Demon Lion King, proving worthy of its title, faced the unusual presence unfazed. It opened its mouth and the embers lit up, they manifested and gathered like a tornado of fireflies, carrying with them a terrifying amount of soul power that was felt in every corner.

Hellfire Blast.

It was an instant — the time it took for the eyes to blink — the Hellfire Blast barreled towards Ichinose like an unforgiving storm. She didn't have the time to react, her smile still adorning her face as she faced the full brunt of the attack. It was as if time had slowed, the second stretching infinitely as her eyes reflected the oncoming inferno.

Just when the blast was about to engulf her, her body transformed once again, giving out a cyanic hue, as if coated in a metallic carapace. At the same time, a shimmering, three-colored barrier sprung up around her form and the flames crashed against it with a deafening roar.

Faced against such a powerful force, the barrier along with Ichinose inside was pushed to the far corner of the blazing battlefield, the barrier and the metallic coating shattering like glass in mere moments.

"Heh! It has to be this strong, or it's hardly a challenge at all!"

Despite this setback, Ichinose only suffered minor burns and bruises. Surrounding her, the colors yellow, blue and red flowed — the remnants of the barrier she had put up, each color representing one of the five elements she controlled. Her current form, the Five-Tailed Qilin, stems from an auspicious divine beast capable of harnessing the elements, Water, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Wood.