Vol. 2 Prologue - A New Day Dawns

As I clutched my daughter's hand, pulling her through the chaos, I could feel the fear radiating off her tiny frame

As I clutched my daughter's hand, pulling her through the chaos, I could feel the fear radiating off her tiny frame. Her eyes, wide with terror, darted around, trying to make sense of the madness unfolding before us. But there was no sense to be found, only destruction.

The ground trembled beneath our feet as the monstrous beast wreaked havoc in the distance. Its roars echoed through the burning air, sending shivers down my spine. I urged my daughter to run faster, to keep moving, but the swarm of smaller monsters seemed to be everywhere at once, snapping at our heels.

I stumbled over debris, my heart pounding in my chest. Tears blurred my vision as I prayed for salvation, for a miracle to spare us from this nightmare. But in the midst of the chaos, all I could do was cling to my daughter and hope that somehow...

We would survive.

But as the shadow of the beast loomed closer, I knew our time was running out. With a heavy heart, I realized that our fate was sealed. In a final act of desperation, I pulled my daughter close.

... ...

... ...

... ...

I huddled in the corner of a crumbling building, the sound of destruction ringing in my ears. My hands shook as I gripped the makeshift weapon I had fashioned from scraps of metal and wood. My martial soul isn't suitable for combat and I have no soul power either so this was all I could manage.

I was no soldier, no hero either, but I refused to go down without a fight.

Outside, the streets were littered with debris and bodies, the air thick with smoke and screams. But amidst the chaos, I could see others like me, determined to survive against all odds. We shared a silent understanding, a bond forged in the crucible of disaster.

As the roar of the beast grew closer, I braced myself for the inevitable onslaught. I would not cower in fear, nor would I surrender to despair. I would fight until my last breath, for myself, for those I love, and for the hope of a better tomorrow.

However, the ground shook beneath me and the building began to crumble and... I knew that my fight was over.

... ...

... ...

... ...

Screams resounded, the anguished cries of adults, children and elderly alike created a melodious concert of forlornness, despondency and misery. A young boy not older than five ran in limp as he desperately clung to life. But alas, he met his end as the unforgiving beastly spawn clutched to his form and... now, it is my turn.

Ah, the sadness.

Ah, the despair.

Here I shall sing my crescendo. My final hurrah!

Harbinger of destruction, almighty beast. May this song of mine be your curse. You shan't know the joys of life, for every soul you've torn asunder, be it remembrance of one's deadly sin.