"This is Daniel Remington."

It felt good to hear his voice. "Dad, It's Ethan."

"Ethan? Where are you?"

"I'm in California, out in the desert."

"You are. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Do you know anything about Mila?" He held his breath, waiting for his father's reply.

"Mila is fine. She's with us. She's safe. So are Isaac and Riley," his dad said.

Ethan breathed out a small sigh of relief, the tension draining from him. "Good."

"Why haven't you contacted us before now?"

"I've been unconscious. Someone tried to kill me. Silver injections, wolfsbane and they dumped me out in the desert to die." He still was having a hard time believing it.

Ethan heard Daniel's sigh. "Owen and Henry, the old Beta from Alamo, orchestrated this entire thing. They took you, Mila and Isaac. They thought you were Isaac, and dumped you. They're no longer with us."

"Dad, did anything happen to Mila?" He really hoped not.

"She's fine. She's safe. Owen didn't get the chance to do anything to her."

That was a relief. "Okay."

"Ethan have you met a Doctor Rose Hart?"

Ethan's gaze flicked to Rose. "Is your last name Hart?"

Her face registered surprise. "Yes."

"Yeah. I'm with her now," Ethan confirmed.

"Are you at her house?"

"Yes." His gaze darted back to her. Was she in on this?

"Anyone else there?"

"No. How?"

"Dominic. I don't ask. But she was our lead, and we were coming out here to talk to her. And before you ask, we're ninety-nine percent sure she wasn't in on it," Daniel said.

Ethan didn't even know what to say to that. How the heck would Dominic know? He just shook his head.

"Anyway, we're almost there. The plane is at Sierra Nevada and Mila is onboard. She wanted to come but we didn't want to risk her safety," Daniel said.

"Is she okay?"

"She's missed you terribly. She's barely slept. She's all in, Ethan," Daniel reassured him.

Ethan breathed out slowly. He'd been afraid this whole experience might make her want out. And frankly, he couldn't blame her. "Okay. How many?"

"Just Ragnar and I," Daniel responded.

"She took care of me," Ethan told him. "She said I showed up on her doorstep with a horrible sunburn, sun poisoning, heat stroke..." he looked at her.

"You got bit by a rattler."

"What?" Daniel asked.

He grew quiet for a moment as memories from that day entered his mind. There were still a lot of holes, but he could remember the misery.

"I didn't think you were going to make it," Rose said.

"Does she know?" Daniel asked.

"Yes. She is acquainted with Sierra Nevada. She sorta deduced it about me when she found the wolfsbane and silver in my system," Ethan said.

"And the silver chains," Rose added.

Ethan frowned at her and pinched the bridge of his nose. He could remember shuffling along with them.

"You're starting to remember, aren't you?" Rose asked him.

He nodded. "Bits and pieces."

"It'll probably all come back to you at some point," she told him.

"Ethan, we'll be there in thirty." Daniel said.

"Alright." He disconnected the call and handed it back to Rose.

"So?"

"They're thirty minutes away," Ethan said, rubbing at his face.

"How do they know where you are?" Rose asked suspiciously.

"Dominic. He can find anyone," Ethan said. "I have no idea how."

Rose frowned. "Well that's perfect."

"They know you're not involved, and that you've been taking care of me," Ethan said.

"How many?"

"Just my dad and his Beta." He was getting tired again. The fatigue was there, and he knew it was because of the immense healing he'd done, and the fact that Maverick was still asleep.

Rose studied him. "You look worn."

"It's the massive amounts of healing. It's exhausting. I just need to sleep for a long time," he said, then stiffled a yawn.

"Your dad's the Alpha of your pack?" Rose asked.

"Yeah."

"Will you be one day?"

"No. I'm the youngest. My sister will take over when my dad thinks she's ready."

"A woman Alpha, huh?" Rose mused. "Not many of those, are there?"

"There's a few. But Noelle is a bad ass."

"Ethan, go sit in the rocking chair for a bit. You're making me tired," she told him.

He nodded and stood, then walked in to the living room and sat down in the large rocker. He laid his head back and dozed off.