37.I want that

Hey, lovelies 💕.How are you?

I am updating late due to my health issue.

NIKHIL'S POV

I came out of the room and my eyes met the teary eyes of Ishita.

She instantly turned her face, trying to hide her tears from me. She was about to leave but she stood straight listening to my words

" I want to know the truth."

She was back facing me. I can't see her face but I know she was controlling her sobs.

I fucking don't know the whole truth.

She turned back. Her eyes were all puffy and red due to crying too much.

                                ††

We are sitting in a cafe. Today  I want to know the whole truth behind the mess.

When the first time I saw Aaru crying after we came back from the Art Exhibition I was sure something was wrong.

But I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought I was overthinking.

The night she cried in my arms while she was drunk, I got it that something was wrong. She was in pain

I dug into her past and got to know about the truth.

How painful her childhood was?

How does her stepmom treat her?

How painful her past was?

How did she leave her passion (painting)?

But there were a few things only her close one could tell me.

I gave her a glass of water and asked

" I know that Aaru was taking therapy."

She looked at me with questioning eyes. I continued

" I know why she went to the hospital with Aditya . " she looked at me with wide eyes

" I know everything from the beginning. But I didn't dig into the matter more because I wanted her to tell me the truth. I respected her privacy. It's time that I got to know the truth after what happened yesterday. If you tell me the  truth that's good , if not then I have my ways of knowing the details."

She licked her dried lips. I could feel her nervousness. She drank some water and then took a deep breath.

" Karuna was a very funny and bubbly girl. She loves to dance and painting was her passion. She wanted to become an Artist. Her mother always supported her even though her Father was against her dream. But her mother's death changed everything. Her life turned upside down. It took a 360°  turn in her life. She lost the person she loved the most. When Bhua (Aunty) died Chotu was 10years old. Harshu was only 3 months old at that time. After 2 months her father got married. Her stepmom came home with her son, whom she had from her previous marriage.

Chotu didn't object to anything. She thought her father got married for the sake of their children. In the beginning, her stepmom treated them well. But as time passed and the relatives left the home, that witch showed her real color.

At starting Karuna didn't let that witch dominate her. She fought against the wrong even though her father didn't support her. But later that witch gets to know her weak point. She manipulated Karuna in the name of her brother. She didn't object and started working according to her stepmom. She can't risk the life of her brother. Her only family. "

She wiped her tears from her backhand and continued

" At starting that witch made her do all the household chores with her schooling. She used to wake up at 5:00 in the morning and complete the household work. She even prepared the lunch before going to school. She endured everything so that harsh could live peacefully. Harsh was a heart patient. He had a small hole in his heart since birth. He needed extra care. If she stood against her stepmother she wouldn't be able to bear the cost of his medical expenses.