28. Know the truth

Hey, lovelies 💕. How are you?

KARUNA'S POV

I was checking the bag thinking of if something was left.

Nikhil came into the while sulking.

I know very well why is he behaving like this. So to tease him more I  said while looking in his direction

" What happened baby"

Nikhil looked surprised as it was the first time that I  called him with an endearment.

He was happy because I  started taking positive steps towards our relationship.

He looked at me for a few seconds and then started walking towards me. I started walking backward, my back touched the wall and I realized there was no option to escape. His steps were slow which made me nervous.

" What...you..." I shuttered as my words stuck in my throat when he held me by the waist.

" I know you are teasing me but dare to tease me again Lavender because if I lost my control then you will fucking regret having only two lungs as I will make it difficult for you to breathe. "

I could feel the tension between my thighs. I curled my toes. He felt too intimate and just got lost in his touch. I closed my eyes.

Then I heard a knock on the door which helped me to gain my senses. I looked at him feeling all shy.

Hell, why I reacted like this? Hope he didn't notice.

" I think the helper came to place the bags in the car. " I said in a low voice but he didn't shift.

" Please Nikhil" I requested and he smirked.

I know he was thinking something evil but I didn't dare to ask because this shameless man won't hesitate to share.

He then got busy on a business call.

The man was about to carry the luggage downstairs but then Nikhil ordered him to bring his laptop bag from the study.

The man stood there thinking about what to do first. Put the luggage in the car or bring the laptop.

" You take the bags downstairs. I will bring the laptop. " I said and went to his study

It's the first time I am going to his study.

I opened the door and saw his laptop on the table.

Then I searched for the back and saw it on the couch. I picked it up and turned to get the biggest surprise or shock of my life.

The memories that I just wanted to forget flashed in front of my eyes. A drop of tear rolled down my eyes remembering the most hurtful day of my life. I can't believe this is the one I made.

I went near it with small steps or you can say dragged my legs towards it. My hands were shivering. I touched it and then saw my signature.

Yeah, it's the same. It's mine.

A grasp left my mouth. It's feels hard to breathe. I put my hand on my chest to control the pain. I can't have an anxiety attack now. Please don't

I relaxed myself and looked at the painting again.

I thought it was destroyed till now in a garbage pit. But it's here. How did Nikhil get this painting?

Suddenly I felt a touch on my shoulder.

" It's beautiful. Right." He said

" I fell in love with the painting and its artist when I first saw it " he added