16.Realisation

Hey Lovelies 💕. How are you

NIKHIL'S POV

Karuna sat next to me on the bed and covered me with a comforter, telling me that I didn't need to do any work.

"Just sleep. And you can sleep on the bed. I will sleep on the couch. " she said

Before I could say anything. She called someone

" Hello baby "

I look at her with wide eyes. To whom she is talking at this time and calling him baby. She never called baby to me. Does she have a boyfriend

"It's my colleague's number. I broke my phone on the train "

Train. What she was doing on a train. And why is she lying?

"Don't worry. I was at a friend's birthday party "

I frowned my eyebrows.

" Don't start with your Q&A. I have to return the phone to him. I just called to inform you that I am fine. When my phone is repaired I will call you. "

" Okay bye "

I just wanted to ask her who she was on the call with. But she called someone else. While she was waiting for the person to receive the call she said to me

" Why are you still awake? Close your eyes"

As she began to run her fingers through my hair, a wave of calm washed over me. Her soothing words kept me fully engaged and attentive.

" Hello, Ishu. How are you? "

"My phone broke on my way home. "

" I mean Nikhil's home "

" Mr Agnivashi"

I don't know what the girl on the other end is saying. But I am dam sure she is teasing her. Just my guess.

" It's Mr. Agnivashi's number"

Then they kept talking for God knows. How many minutes?

KARUNA'S POV

"Okay bye," I said to Ishita

I hung up the call and saw that I talked to her for approx half an hour.
I checked and saw Nikhil sleeping.
A smile crept on my face. I don't know but I was feeling so relaxed. After so long I am feeling at home. I don't know why. I just kissed his forehead.

Suddenly a message popped up on his phone. I thought to avoid it. But I can't avoid the feeling of checking it. I just thought to read it through the notification only.

It's a message from a girl Riya saying
"Why are you not replying to my messages" .

Riya. Who is she? Maybe his girlfriend
Maybe she is just a friend

" How do you know that? You just know him for 15 days " My inner self said.

I withdrew my hand from his hold. He was holding my wrist while sleeping. I stood up from the bed and went to the balcony.

I am a selenophile (a person who loves the moon.)

I even used to talk to the moon. Funny. I know

" How are you, Chanda? You know what happened today.?"
and told the moon whatever happened in these few days.

I always stay at home alone. No one was there to talk to me. So it's my childhood habit to talk to the moon.
It made me feel at peace.

After gazing at the moon for a few minutes more I walked inside the bedroom and lay on the couch.