57 Khushi as a...

Part 57 Khushi as a...

"Will you walk or, shall I pick you up in my arms?" Arnav asked teasingly.

Khushi extended her hands, asking him to pick her up, making him speechless. Arnav stood motionless for a few seconds. Khushi smiled at him and tried to walk away. Arnav who managed himself, held her wrist and pulled her towards him. In no time, he wrapped her in his arms, making her bewildered.

"Will you be fine with whatever I asked for?" he asked in a husky tone. She bowed down understanding the meaning of his words.

Arnav's index finger slipped under her chin and raised her head.

"Answer me"

She looked into his eyes where there were expectations.

"You recovered well. Started walking well, getting back to work too..."

Khushi parted her lips perplexed. He came close to her and whispered,

"What about our first night?"

Khushi widened her eyes and leaned her forehead on his shoulder. In no time, Arnav picked her up in his arms, making her shock. She was more shocked when he started walking, taking her in his arms.

"Arnavji, what are you doing?" she asked panicky.

"You asked me to pick you up"

"But, what if anyone sees us?"

"So what if anyone sees us? We are husband and wife and they already saw me picking you up"

"But, at that time, I was injured but now I'm healed. I can walk and do anything..."

"Anything?" he elevated his brows with a smile.

Khushi averted her gaze from his face which had a smirk.

At the same time, Ratna came there with a pooja plate, completing the morning pooja. She was taken aback, seeing Khushi in Arnav's arms. Khushi tried to get out of his arms but Arnav gripped her tight, making her shock. She looked at Ratna perplexed.

"Mmm... got a pleasant sight in the morning. I think my day will be pleasant" Ratna kept vermillion on their foreheads smiling and fed them Prasad.

"Khushi wanted me to pick her up, Mom. How could I deny it?"

Khushi dropped her jaw.

"No, Aunty. He was the one who wanted to pick me up" she said hurriedly.

"Haan, I wanted to... that's why I picked you up" He smiled.

"You picked her up... there is nothing to feel embarrassed. Your office staff will think she is still not able to walk" Ratna teased.

"This is absolutely a good idea, Mom" Arnav laughed.

Khushi widened her eyes and struggled to get off. Arnav put her down smiling.

"I can walk," she said hurriedly. She didn't want Arnav to do it in the office also.

"Khushi, you should understand one thing. Chotte didn't pick you up just because you can't walk... it's because he wanted it"

Khushi looked at Arnav who nodded yes, pressing his lips.

"This is your first day in office after your wedding. Now you are not just a mere staff of A2 but Mrs. ASR..." Ratna smiled.

"Bless me, aunty" Khushi touched her feet, bending down. In no time, Arnav also touched her feet with Khushi.

"You guys are made for each other... stand for each other and hold one another's back" She kissed Khushi's forehead.

They came downstairs and saw Lavanya fully ready.