12 Wedding

Part 12 Wedding

"She is my wife," Said Arnav.

"She is going to turn twenty-three in a few days. After that, everything will be alright"

Arnav nodded okay and left the place. He drove the car thinking about Khushali and her cuteness.

Flashback

Arvind rushed to the hospital with Ratna and Arnav to meet his best friend Rishi, who had been admitted to the hospital due to a heart attack. He was in the ICU. His only daughter, seven-year-old Khushali was sitting outside the ICU crying. Their servant tried to console her but it didn't work.

When she saw Arvind's family, she rushed to them and hugged Arnav. He lifted her in his arms, and in no time, she circled his neck crying.

"Khush, don't cry"

"Will Babuji die?" she asked sniffing.

"Who said? He will be fit and fine. Ok?"

"Then why is he in the hospital?"

"He has a fever... that's why?"

"But, he has been inserted with some tubes and a machine... will doctors do all these for a fever? They didn't do them to me when I had a fever"

Arnav raised his brows. Khushali was a THINK TANK... QUESTION BANK... consoling her was not an easy task.

"This is not a normal fever. That's why..."

The doctor came out of the ICU. Arvind rushed to him and Ratna followed him but Arnav stayed a little aloof as he didn't want Khushali to hear the exact condition of her father.

"Doctor, how is Rishi?"

"As of now, he crossed the danger zone. This is his second attack. He won't stand if he gets third"

"From the time, his wife left the world, he became stressed, Doctor" Arvind said helplessly.

"Yes, I know he is stressed. I tried to console him in my best but he was not coming out of the grief" the doctor said.

"He can't accept the reality that she is no more"

"No... he is not stressed about his late wife but her daughter. He is scared of his daughter's future. That's the stress that is killing him now."

Arvind and Ratna looked at Khushali who was in Arnav's arms.

"Shall we meet him, doctor?"

"Ok but please don't stress him. No advice... no anger... he is not in the condition to stand them"

Arvind nodded ok.

They came to the ICU. Rishi looked at them weekly who was breathing with the help of an oxygen mask.

They came to him. Arvind clutched his hand in which a butterfly needle had been connected with a saline bottle.

"What do you want? What will make you feel free?" Arvind asked.

Rishi nodded his head from left to right sighing.

"You don't have to bother about Khusha. We are here for her. we will take care of her. She will be with us from hereon. Is that ok?"

"I know you will educate her and get her married," Rishi said in between his hard breath.

"No... I will educate her after getting her married"

"What are you saying?"

"I decided something. We will get her married to Chotte"

Rishi looked at Arnav who was with Khushali and nodded no.