28 Behavior

Part 28 Behavior

Khushi took her morning shower all the way thinking about Arnav. Getting ready for the office, she left GH, taking her lunch bag. She rode the bike with a whirling thought. There was only one man in her mind... Arnav.

She felt utterly different that day. The thought of Arnav's wife made her day different and completely NEW. Until yesterday, her life was so simple. She had not cared about anyone including her Boss, ASR. She could say anything to him but today, she didn't know whether she could do the same because she felt powerless.

She didn't know how to face Arnav. She didn't know why her bloody heart thudding like ever before. She never felt so restless like that. She teased him, and taunted him, but never felt uneasy to do that but now, she feared to go in front of him. At the same time, she wanted to see him. Why the hell this was happening to her? Why her heart yearned to see the man who hated her? She knew how much Arnav hated her. He didn't even like to see her face. He told her that many times. She never minded about it before but why did it hurt now? She felt like crying.

Stopping her scooter, she entered the office. She saw Arnav talking on the phone, standing near the window of his cabin. Her heartbeat rose brutally and she felt a pain in her chest. She walked to her cabin, looking at him through the corner of her eye. She averted her gaze swiftly when Arnav looked at her.

Arnav's hand that was holding the phone lowered, seeing that. She went to her cabin hurriedly. It gave him a weird sensation. What happened to her? Why did she avert her gaze from him? Was not she the girl who threw a sarcastic look at him at least? What was wrong with her? This was not Khushi. Overtalking, arguing, sarcasm was what Khushi's trademarks. Was she not feeling well?

Or, did she change her behavior as she became close to his family? Would she stop countering? Won't she argue with him anymore? Would she be going to be naïve with him just like other's? What the... Would his life get back to the DRY mode? No changes? No entertainment? No spice? He felt like he lost something big.

He came out of his cabin and descended the stairs. He saw her coming out of her cabin. He stopped seeing her. Khushi looked down and walked crossing him which amazed him.

"Don't know how horrible my day would be as I saw your face early in the morning" As usual he tried to fuss her expecting her to counter him back.

Khushi jerked hearing that. Getting teased by him was not new to her. Yet, she felt hurt. She looked at him painfully and walked back to her cabin. Arnav was bewildered seeing her face. He felt a tug in his heart. He gulped down hard. Without thinking of anything, he followed her. He was stuck, seeing her crying, closing her face with her palms.

"Ms. Gupta..." He advanced her.

Khushi got alert and turned her rolling chair opposite to him in a jiffy. She wiped her face and took a deep breath. Arnav looked at her face restlessly.

"Hey...! Why are you crying?"

"No... I don't cry"

"I saw you crying..."

Khushi was silent.

"I'm asking you something..." he asked nervously as well as angrily.

"So what if I cry? You wanted to see me crying... don't you? It happened as you wished. Feel happy seeing me crying" She turned opposite to him again.

Arnav gulped down. Yes, he wanted to make her cry but when it happened, he didn't know why he didn't like it. He felt pain in his heart seeing her tears.

He didn't know why she cried. He didn't think his words would hurt her because he didn't have the reason to think so. How could he think so when he used to counter her with those words always? But, his heart wanted her to stop crying. It badly needed. He didn't know why but, he was not used to interfere into other's matter. That was new to him. He walked out of her cabin while removing his phone.