37 Another Clue

37 Another Clue

Arnav was holding his phone in his ear even after the phone got disconnected. He was not sure what he heard was true. The unknown man said Khushi was his Khushali... so confidently. He asked him to go to her house to get a proof. What proof did he talk about? How could he get the proof if he went to her house? Was the proof being kept in her house so visibly? If it was so, why Khushi didn't react to his love story? Didn't she believe him? Or, she didn't want to ACCEPT him because he was arrogant? Why the hell this girl was doing this to him?

Who was the man on the phone? Was he Shashi Gupta? Arnav was alerted. Maybe... Shashi got to know about his wedding that morning through Rohan. Arnav witnessed an extreme level of shock on his face when Rohan told him about it.

Taking his phone, he dialed the receptionist. She attended the call.

"Good morning this is A2 programming organizing company," she said as usual.

"ASR speaking"

"Yes, sir"

"Did you note down the number of the last call I received?"

A2 followed the rule. The receptionist noted down every incoming call number in the register as the landline had caller ID in it.

"Yes, sir...I did,"

"Tell me the number,"

Taking the register, she told him the number. It was a landline number. Arnav noted it down. He called Rohan. He attended it.

"Rohan, I sent a phone number to you. Find out whose number is this"

"Sure ASR"

Arnav disconnected the call and sent the number to Rohan. He thought about how to go to Gupta House. He could not go there without a reason. It didn't mean he wouldn't go. He would go to know what proof Gupta's house had.

On the other side, Khushi was crying helplessly. She didn't know what to do but she wanted to do something after hearing Arnav's love for HER from Arnav himself. She could not sacrifice her love for anyone. She didn't have to. Of course, she should not tell him the truth. It didn't mean she should hide it from him. She should find a way to do that without breaking the promise. But how? If he asked her anything, she should have to hide it, no choice because if Arnav found her hiding it from him, he would ask the reason. Then she had to tell him about his father's promise. She was getting mad. Arnav was madly in love with her. His stand told her that. Then, how could she be quiet letting him marry someone?

Khushi wiped her cheek hurriedly when she saw Lavanya entering A2. She came to Khushi's cabin directly. Khushi smiled at her composing herself.

"Lavanya... you here?"

"I came here to congratulate you"

"Congratulate me?"

"Yeah..." Lavanya hugged her and pulled from the hug, feeling wetness on Khushi's cheek.

Lavanya looked at her bewildered.

"Khushi, are you alright?"

"Haann..." Khushi smiled and Lavanya was sure she cried because her smile was so fake.

Clutching her hand, she dragged her to Arnav's cabin.

"Lavanya, where are you taking me?" Khushi asked looking at her surroundings while trying to remove her hand from Lavanya's clutch.

Without giving an ear to Khushi, Lavanya entered Arnav's cabin, pushing the door, without knocking. Arnav was thunderstruck, seeing his sister dragging Khushi to his cabin.