2 For Anjali

Part 2 For Anjali

"I have no guts to tell Anjali that we fired Khushi. Please you do that, ASR" Aman said, making Arnav stuck.

Aman removed his phone and dialed Anjali. Arnav gulped down hard. How could he disappoint Anjali? She never asked anything from him. She asked for a job for Khushi. She even said he could fire her if she was ineligible. But what he said? Didn't he say, they would train her even if she was not eligible? He didn't even know her eligibility. Then how could he fire her? Of course, he could fire her but how would he console Anjali? Could he? Would she be consoled? He had no doubt Khushi was not at fault. She even apologized. Then how could Anjali be consoled? Arnav looked at Aman who dialed Anjali.

"Anju... ASR is back... he wants to talk to you" Aman kept his mobile on the table, in front of Arnav.

Taking a deep breath, Arnav took the phone and spoke.

"Hello..."

"Hi, Arnav... welcome back... how was the trip?"

"Great, Anju,"

"We expected you to be here tomorrow..."

"Yeah, the work got over..."

"That's nice... what do you want to talk to me?"

"Just formally..."

Aman raised his brows.

"Oh... by the way, how about Khushi? Do you like her?"

"I... I just came..." Arnav hesitated and Anjali sensed it.

"Oh, ok... take your time and observe her... all the best"

Anjali was about to cut the call,

"One minute, Anju..."

"Yeah, tell me..."

Arnav closed his eyes and gulped hard.

"I don't think she could handle me... it will be better if she works for Aman for a while and learns the work..."

Now, Anjali understood something must have happened.

"Ok, Arnav... I TRUST you. your decision would always be right" Anjali said in a low tone that irked Arnav.

"Are you upset with me?"

"No," Anjali said in a word that confirmed she was upset.

"Please pass the phone to Aman," Anjali said.

Arnav forwarded the phone to Aman who was looking at him without blinking. Taking the phone, Aman talked.

"Haan, Anju..."

"I sense something wrong... tell me later what happened," Anjali said.

"Mmm, okay"

"I will talk to you later"

Aman disconnected the call and looked at Arnav.

"I don't want to disappoint Anju..."

Aman controlled his laughter.

"At the same time, I don't want her to work for me... make her your PA and appoint Akash as mine"

"As you say ASR..."

"By the way, I don't like that girl. Ask her to stay away from me..."

"Sure ASR... she won't cross your path. She will be in MY limit"

Arnav sat on his seat.

"By the way, ASR, thanks"

"I just did this for Anju... understand?"