4 White Lizard

Part 4 White Lizard

Khushi was doing her work all smiling because according to her, Arnav was trapped in his own condition. He would fire her ONLY if she had made a blunder OFFICIALLY. He could not do it if she defied him, teased him, or disobeyed him. It was going to be fun. She thought.

Arnav came to RM all mood off. He could not get rid of Haughty Gupta's thoughts. He just could not stand her attitude. How daringly and coolly she accepted the challenge...! What did she think of him? Did she think she could win the challenge against ASR? Damn it...! She was going to repent for challenging him. She had to...!

He sat on the bed and closed his face with his palms. When he removed his palms from his face, he saw Ratna looking at him from the doorstep. He made up himself.

"Are you alright?"

Arnav nodded yes.

"Aman said you bagged the deal. Then why are you looking tense? I thought you would come to the kitchen happily and tell me about the deal"

"I was supposed to... but feeling tired"

"Arnav and feeling tired? Eighth Wonder"

Arnav looked at her plainly. She was not wrong. Arnav never said he was tired no matter how tired he was.

"Shall I bring you juice?"

Arnav nodded ok. Ratna turned to leave but she stopped.

"By the way, Chotte, Anju said you agreed to appoint her friend as your PA. How is she?"

Arnav got stuck. Did Anjali talk about Khushi to his mother?

"Anju was so happy as you accepted her request without even a second thought. She wishes you would be friendly with her friend too. She had no doubt in it"

Arnav gulped down hard. Thank God, I had an agreement with the WHITE LIZARD. Or else she would have blabbered their problem to Anju.

"Did you like the girl?"

"Mom, why would I like her?" I asked wearily.

"Arrey, she is your PA..."

"She is not my PA but Aman's PA"

"But, Anju said she would be yours..."

"She is inexperienced... Aman thinks she could not cope with me. So, he sent Akash to me"

"Akaaaash?" Ratna asked with a weird expression.

"Yeah, why?"

"Both of you are a very good pair who think smiling is an offense... Don't know what the A2 staff's condition would be. (She sighed) Anju said her friend is a lively girl. I thought you would start smiling at least now having her by your side"

"No one can change me... understand that..." he got heated up.

"Haan... you are right. You would have changed the girl like you. Thank God, it didn't happen" Ratna joined her hand and looked up, just, like, Khushi did.

"Let her be with Aman and let her be herself" Ratna walked out of the room.

Arnav gritted his teeth. Why the hell did his mother remember him of the White Lizard? He was irritated.

A2

Khushi looked at her watch. It was 6 o'clock. Taking her bag, she left the office in her scooter. Her parents would have returned from KEDARNATH today. It was their regular routine to visit Kedarnath every year on the PARTICULAR date to thank God for giving her as their daughter. But they never took Khushi with them. She didn't know why.