22 & 23

Part 22 Khushi's Too...

"Khushi, as you are going to go with Arnav, you can be in RM for a while..." Lavanya asked.

Khushi looked at her sharply.

"Please..." She pleaded.

Khushi looked at her contently and then at Arnav. Before Arnav said anything, Ratna did,

"Chotte will wait..."

Lavanya clutched Khushi's hand and took her to her room. Ratna and Arnav spared a glance.

Coming to her room, Lavanya hugged Khushi and cried. Khushi embraced her in her arms.

"Relax, Lavanya..."

"No, Khushi, I'm not sure if any of my close friends would have saved me from the goons, taking such a risk. I missed recognizing you when we were in college. People who were clinging to me did that for some benefit. They always expected something from me. But I didn't even speak to you freely...! Yet, you saved me from the greatest humiliation"

Khushi broke the hug.

"Lavanya, we are not kids to help only our friends. We are grown up now... won't we feel bad for the person in an ambulance that crosses us? Do we know the person? No... it's humanity. Likewise, every girl must save another girl's respect. There is nothing to get emotional. Some people help their friends, and some people make friends by helping others... I'm the second category..." Khushi smiled.

"Thank you so much for what you did..." Lavanya again hugged her.

"My pleasure..."

"Will you come to my party?" Lavanya asked.

"Party? Again?" Khushi asked widening her eyes.

Lavanya chuckled.

"Not such party... only you..."

"That means, it's a treat..."

"No... it's undoubtedly a party"

"Mmmm..." Khushi thought.

"Don't deny... and you can't deny me because I'm your friend now" Lavanya said.

Khushi smiled and nodded ok.

"I will surely come to your party. Now, I'm leaving. I have a lot of work in the office"

"Ok, Khushi... see you soon"

"Bye"

They headed downstairs smilingly.

Arnav was waiting for Khushi in the living room, glancing at the staircase again and again. What were they doing? He supposed. He huffed, seeing them, and stood up.

Ratna smiled at them.

"I'm leaving aunty..." Khushi said.

"Take care beta... keep coming..." Ratna said.

"She will..." Lavanya said.

Ratna and Arnav raised their brows.

"Won't you?" Lavanya asked.

"When did I say I won't?"

"That's my girl" Lavanya smiled.

"Bye..." Khushi walked with Arnav.

"She is a nice girl," Ratna said.

"Not just a nice girl... she is extraordinary," Lavanya said.

"Why did you take her to your room?"