49 What's Wrong?

Part 49 What's wrong?

"Crazy woman...! You took my breath away...!" Arnav choked.

"I love you," Khushi said and took his breath away again...!

Arnav got stuck...! He could not believe Khushi just uttered the three magical words. Did she love him? Or, she said that, seeing him naïve? What made her say that? He could not conclude. Khushi smiled to see him standing like a statue, having a shocked expression.

"It's not good to suspect everything, Mr. Raizada...! Trust what you hear." She closed her eyes.

Arnav clutched her hand.

"I so want to ask you not to talk in this condition. Yet, my greedy mind wants to hear you" he said.

Of course, Khushi was in pain. Yet, she wanted to talk to him because his words melted her heart. She wanted to give him a little solace and she knew her words would give him that.

"What condition are you talking about?" she asked.

"You are in pain"

"Not more than you"

Arnav held her hand in between his palms and kissed it, closing his eyes. She touched his cheek slowly. Arnav kept his palm over hers.

"Is it true?" She asked.

"What?"

"Will you be there for me?"

"Always..."

"But you fought a lot with me..." she teased.

"I don't know you are my heart that has the synchronized beat of mine...! If I had known who you were..."

Cutting him,

"What would have you done?"

"You would have been in RM with me by now"

"You have overconfidence, Mr. Raizada. Khushi Gupta is not an easy nut to crack"

Arnav chuckled.

"Maybe... but my Khushali is not a tough nut. She doesn't need to be cracked"

"Poor She...!"

"Enough... don't talk a lot. Take rest"

"Ok... go and eat something. You would not have eaten anything I guess" she said.

Arnav was stunned. How did she know he ate nothing?

"How do you know?"

"I know you are a lover material" she chuckled softly.

Arnav smiled.

"It seems you observed me keenly"

She blinked her eyes.

"You were so stubborn not to accept my love...! What happened all of a sudden? You uttered the three magical words...!"

"My parents came to RM. Your mother called me and asked me to come to RM. You wanted me to take a cab. So, I connected the dots and understood what would have happened in RM. If this accident had not happened, our wedding might have been fixed by now, I suppose"

"You are HALF right"

"Half right means?"

"Why we called you to RM is right but it was not to fix our wedding,"

"Then?"

"We are already married. What's necessary to marry my wife again?"

"But, I don't remember our wedding"