MARCH 11, 2024

Most people loves the extra.

I've met some people who's well liked by many 'coz they stand out from the crowd. Their light shines so bright - brighter than the sun that it blinds those who looks at them directly. They're the hues in the colorless city. They're exceptional, unique, and too high to reach - obviously.

However, I can't help but ponder. How about those behind the curtains, unseen, and deprived of the spotlight? Someone who can't make a stranger look back curious of his/her majestic beauty. Can't be easily seen, they comouflage - nothing special that'll catch someone's eye. They're often ignored - unknown. To please other people is never a priority.

But the point is you need to be liked to become worthy. That's how society is trying to convince me. Are you familiar with beauty privilege? It's like saying, you're important and loved because you're pretty. How about those beauty who's quite low-key? Trust me, you'll always be the second option - it's sad but I know, you'll see.

Most people loves the extra.
They follow the voices of the crowd. They'll like someone who's liked by many despite of the fact that they didn't know the person entirely. Am I being bitter for spilling all this tea? As a typical girl in this small city, it's hard not to question your worth when you're surrounded by wannabes.

They bring colors to everything they touch. I bring storms in everywhere I go. They are the stars that shines so bright they glow. Meanwhile, I'm the cold breeze at night that brings you shiver and a sad show.

I hate comparing myself to other people. But it's never a question, it's a statement that I need to know. Most people loves the extra. As an average and a normy, perhaps we'll all be liked if we're extraordinary.

Rain

P.S
I'm done breaking down. Who cares if we're liked or not? Not to brag but perhaps I'm just being so emotional.. that I forgot I'm a limited edition.