May 12, 2023

"You are your own best friend"

Some days it just feels so heavy. When
you can't keep the pain to yourself any longer. When you accidentally wipe that fake smile on your face in the middle of the conversation. Because the pain's getting unbearable.

Everyday, I'll wake up and tell myself, "You need to fake it 'till you make it" I did. I was able to hide and burry the melancholy behind the smiling mask. But the despair's evident in my eyes, hence, I never dare to look nor stare at people's eyes. I never know that it'll be this hard. To keep everything to yourself and suffer in silence. Some days I'm longing for someone to comfort me in the urge of my breakdowns. When I feel like I can't do it anymore. When my hopes' gone and all I think is that everything's not gonna get better. Some days I'm asking for words that'll somehow ease my pain. Probably no one just noticed. Some days I beg for people to look at me. Some days I beg for people to hear me. And I'll regret it after. I lose count of how many times I tried to open up and get being left ignored. Maybe, it's so hard to listen. And I questioned my self for all the treatment I'm receiving. Didn't I listen to them when they have something to say? Did I interrupt them in the middle of their rants? Did I left them in the pouring rain while their heart is crushed? I know the answers and it makes my soul bleed realizing how come they can't give back the same energy. Perhaps no one's willing to listen to my dramatic cliche stories. Invalid opinions and feelings — I ain't gonna spill it from now on.

Sometimes we need to accept the fact that there will be times that we need to listen to our own rants, cheer ourselves up and stand up alone. People are busy with their lives and are dealing with certain personal issues. They've got no time to listen. So, at least learn to listen to yourself.

Rain