JANUARY 22, 2024

And suddenly
In the midst of my hectic day, I stopped and closed my eyes to breathe. I just wanted to pause for a second. However, seconds turned to minutes, hours, days, weeks, months - it feels so long - longer than a lifetime. Just out of the blues, I feel this burning longing in my heart. Something's missing, I don't feel alright.

Perhaps a person. Someone I used to know. It doesn't take a period of time before the soul agnize the absence of someone. The building of questions and fret in your mind. Formations of impossible scenarios out of your silly "what if's." The unsaid thoughts that you'll never know if you can ever say or not. The absurd urge to get jealous of the people that get the chance to talk or see you every day. It's insane how someone can make me feel this way.

I wanted to ask, "Are you doing okay?" But I can't. I don't know if it's just the end of the chapter and soon you'll be back. Or perhaps, it's already the ending of the story. It'll be a tragic one if it does. 'Coz I won't start with a different book if the characters ain't you and me.

I tried to blink twice as I gather all my senses. A lot of things to do, I'm not yet through. I've been busy the past days but I hope you knew, everytime I pause, I still think of you.

Rain