May 14, 2023

I haven't seen her the moment I woke up. Although it's Sunday, she went to work early in the morning. She doesn't have any rest days. My chest feels heavy as I started eating my breakfast whom she prepared before she left 5 AM in the morning. I wasn't able to greet her Happy Mother's Day.

Most of the time I probably made her worried and frustrated. I've never been a perfect child to my perfectly imperfect mother. I wish I did but I'm still prone to failures. I can't remember the last time I told her I love her nor have told her how thankful I am that she was my mother. The last time that I hugged her and kisses her cheek was when I was in 2nd Grade. I didn't know what happened. It's just that as I grow up I also stopped writing letters for her in every holidays and special occasions. I've got a lot of wonderful memories with my mother though. I use to hold her hand everytime we cross the street back when I was a kid. I'd tell her everything 'bout my day in school and she'll listen even though she heard it for a hundred times already. And she won't get tired of loving me even when sometimes I do things that would really made her curse me to death. We would still share smiles and laughters. I don't always tell her that I love her but i hope she knows. I told her to quit her job, "I think I'm ready to work," I told her. But she refuses"Just focus on your studies. You'll gonna have a job that you wanted not a job that will make you taunted" she says. I just can't help but think how lucky I am to have my mama. Not everyone has given the chance to have one by their side. To those who still have their "Mama"
"Mom"
"Mommy"
"Mother"
"Nanay"
Let's celebrate this special day by greeting them a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Rain