25 - Rendez-vous

MYRA

I woke up this morning with a cold space next to me but not only that, 4 designers and make-up artists came knocking on my door with their equipments.

"Hey, we're your designers for today." A woman with bright pink hair says with a bright smile while three other people stood next to her.

"Sorry?" I rub my tired eyes and spot Ruth walking into my room with a coffee cup to her lips.

"We're getting dressed for the party tonight." Ruth says and hands me a coffee.

"Party? What party?" I question as I take it from her.

"Guys, please feel safe to put everything in her room." Ruth advices them and I move to the side, letting them walk freely into my room. They began neatly packing their things around with a hanger of various dress choices and different make-up options on my bed.

"Ruth, what's going on?" I question, truly confused.

"There's a party taking place here tonight, apparently it's a way to lure in the Russians. Juliano told me that it's a way of getting that Dominikov guy, Elena's dad to come to Italy." She explains and moves a curl from her face.

"Whos idea was this?" I ask while scrunching my face.

I know for a fact that it can't be Santiagos idea.

"Guess." She dares and takes a sip of her coffee.

"Chris?" I guess and she nearly chokes on her drink.

"How'd you know? Who throws a party when you guys are quite literally on the run? I won't complain though, the food downstairs looks delicious." She complains as we walk into the room.

"I'm assuming that they all agreed to this?" I ask with the coffee cup to my lips.

"Everyone but Juliano. I don't know about Santiago. He left early this morning looking raged as hell with some new guy following him from behind." She reveals and my face furrows.

He left my room this morning?

"Some guy?" I ask, wanting more info on him.

"Hmm, never seen him before but he seems close to Ivan." She shares.

"Ladies, we need you on the chairs, please." The one guy named Gabriel with blonde hair says and we rapidly walk to the chairs.

"We just need your measurements for the dress first." He grabs our coffee cups from us and immediately gets to work, twirling us around to get our sizes.

I look a hot mess.

••

The sun had already been setting outside, judging from how long the designers and make-up artists took care of us.

Sounds of chatter and music already came from downstairs, informing us that people had already arrived.

As I slipped into the dress, I felt a surge of confidence wash over me. The fabric was smooth against my skin, the intricate beading sparkling in the soft glow of the dressing room lights. I added a pair of shimmering heels that elongated my legs and gave me an extra boost of height.

"You guys look absolutely gorgeous." Gabriel says as he brushes my hair back with slight touches and May adds clips to Ruths hair.

"Thank you." We both say at the same time as we stare at ourselves in the mirror.