15 - Abomination

MYRA

It's been a few hours since I saw Santiago on TV in Nadias room and ever since then, that clip of him and Elena alone has gone completely viral.

The workers around the hospital can't seem to stop talking about it for some reason.

Am I jealous? I'd like to think that I'm not.

I kid you not, I've seen the picture of them on stage kissing at least a hundred times today. The public has mixed feelings on them which I'm not sure why.

As for Chris, I decided that it would be best to avoid him all day today. Everytime I see him, I'd forcefully take another way around the building.

I saunter around the hall of the hospital while fiddling with the card wrapped around my neck and got stopped by a voice.

"Myra." I turn around to Summer exiting a room with files in her hands and her wavy hair held back by by a clip.

"Yes?" I speak.

"You have a visit up front." She announces and smirks, "A fine ass man."

Oh, Lord.

"Who?" I utter, trying to finalize my assumptions.

"I have no idea but he looks like he could be on the cover of Vogue, he's tall as shit." She responds and winks at me as we part ways, and I find myself at the reception in search of one man, ready to report him to security.

My eyes land on the man standing up from the chair, holding a bouquet of roses with a wide grin on his face. He was dressed in a neat suit.

"Dad." A smile falls on my lips as he walks to me, wrapping his huge arms around me for a tight hug and I lean into him.

Seeing him for the first in months brings a light of joy within me.

People stared around the reception, specifically at my dad because he's covered in tattoos from head to toe, up until his neck. He's very tall, at least 6'4 with his long luscious dreads in a low bun.

Trust me, he's the kindest person I've ever met. He can be a little overprotective but other than that, he's the best dad.

"When did you get back?" I ask, trying my hardest to ignore the two tall buff men standing behind him with shades covering their eyes.

Robert and Craig, his loyal bodyguards. They don't speak, at least they've never spoken to me before.

I've asked him about them before, he just replies with the fact that a lot of people don't want the best for him because of his success and that's why he needs security wherever he goes.

My dad is not normal.

"This morning. I decided to surprise you with a bouquet of roses but it's not better than the one you gave to your mother." He reveals and I look down at the handful bouquet of roses he held.

It's beautiful.

"Thank you, they're pretty." I respond with a smile and grab the bouquet of roses fromhim hands.