23 - Comfort

SANTIAGO

As I hover over Myras body, she looks over my shoulder and grasps the back of my arms.

"Mom?" She questions with concern in her tone and my eyes widen in panic.

Fuck.

I hope she doesn't see me because we're practically in the dark.

Myra quickly slides off of the bed and releases herself from my hold as she dashes to the door. I hear her feet pad on the ground and let my eyes follow her on the way.

"Hi." She balances herself on one foot as she leans against the door while hiding the back of her room with her body.

"Petty has been scratching on your door, waiting for you to let her in." Her mom starts sounding unsure and I sit silently slide myself from the bed, on to the side of her bed. "What were you doing?"

"I was just... getting ready for bed." Myra crouches down and grabs Petty into her arms before quickly straightening her posture.

The brown kitten is quick to jump from her arms and the chain around her neck tangles as she finds her way to me, hiding beside Myras bedside table.

"With who?" Her mother asks and Myra shrugs.

"No-one. Why aren't you wearing you glasses?" She asks her mother amd my brows raise in question.

"I'm giving my eyes a rest, even though I can't see a damn thing but I always wear them and it wears my eyes out." She explains and Myra leans closer to her mother.

Thank God. I doubt that she saw me.

"Are they getting worst?" She's asks with concern lacing in her tone.

"Not really," She pauses and slowly. clears her throat, "I hope you're still not mad at me about what me and your dad did. I'm promise that it wasn't intentional--"

"I'm not." She responds, not sounding too sure and I catch it right away.

"You know that it was to protect you, right? No hard feelings." Her mom questions.

"No hard feelings. I get it." She says and I hear the smile in her moms sigh.

"Alright, I love you. Goodnight." Her mom says and soon after I hear her steps fade away as she walks away.

"Love you." She whispers.

Myra slowly pushes the door shut and locks it. With her back against the door, she then switched the lights on.

Light was brought upon the room and while sitting on the floor I stand up and walk over to her, Petty silently follows behind.

Her entire mood has changed. She's staring at the floor as she slowly walks to my direction while fidgeting with the hem of her silky short dress.

"Hey," I grab her face in my hands and she innocently looks up at me through her eyes, "What's wrong? Tell me."

"Nothing. I don't want to bore you with my stories, let's drop it." She says softly and places her hands on mine, in means of removing them but I pull her back.

"Princess, I can stare at you sleeping, talking, doing normal anything for a lifetime and it would never bore me. Tell me." I reveal with fu honesty.

"Stop being dramatic." She chuckles, revealing the dimple on top of her cheek and I smile lightly.

"You have no idea how obsessed I am with you. Start talking." I say genuinely. I think I might be a little too obsessed but it only gets better.

She sighs, trying to find the correct words, "I feel like my entire life has been a lie. I mean, it has been and my parents fully admitted to it."