03 - Sweet Occasion

MYRA

In a tired motion my eyes slowly cracked open to bright sunrays shining through the blind against my eyelids, causing me to squint my eyes.

My head pounded, my entire body ached, especially a specific spit between my legs. Overall, I was sore.

With the decision of falling back into a deep sleep, the sound of a firm heartbeat made my eyes open wide as my cheek laid on a toned surface.

I shot up in shock.

I can't believe I had sex with a stranger.

A hot ass stranger at that.

I stared down at the handsome man, studying his facial beautiful features and getting instant flashbacks of last night. He made me feel things I didn't know I could feel, touching every part of my as if we've known each other for years. I loved it.

With everything going on in my life. I needed this.

He was shirtless with his arm wrapped around my bare waist, fast asleep with his hair spread on the pillow. I took a closer look at the freckles around his nose area, it made him seem more innocent than he was.

Relaxed, I placed the side of my cheek back on his hard chest and lifted my hands, beginning to trace his tattoos on his arm with my index finger.

Suddenly, the sound of my ringtone fully woke my body up and I extended my arm to the bedside table to grab it.

I flipped my phone and looked at the ID number.

It's Ruth.

As much as I wanted to ignore it to not wake him, she's my best friend.

I slid out of bedsheets completely naked, careful not to wake him and walked to the jointed bathroom, with the pain between my legs throbbing like hell.

Without a thought to it, I grabbed one of his oversized t-shirts on his chair and slid it over my head and it slid on my naked body.

"Hello?" I spoke, whilst looking at my reflection in the wide mirror. In a oversized black shirt and my hair a mess.

"Hi, Myra," Ruths voice met my ears, "My bad, this call might seem unexpected."

"Nah it's okay, what's up?" I spoke fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. It smelled like him, soft lavender.

"Am I interrupting something?"

No, yes? Kinda.

"No really. What's wrong?" I questioned and heard the sigh she released on the other line.

"There's been a problem with the woman in 334, she's having these harsh constractions. I feel like she might die if this baby doesn't come out and I'm losing my fucking mind with her." She revealed and I heard the sound of her shouting orders in the back, together with the sound of the heart monitor.

Oh, that must be hell.

"Is Stacey there to help?" I asked, brushing my fingers through my curly hair and placed my hand on my waist.

"She couldn't come today, says its personal reasons. I wouldn't call you if we didn't need backup." She revealed and I shut my eyes in defeat, with my fingers pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Are you sure I'm not interrupting?" She asked once again.

My head snapped to the man scrambling around in his bed. He relaxed into the smell of the covers, exactly where I had previously laid and returned into a deep sleep.

"Myra?" Ruths voice propped be back to earth and I shook my head into realisation that I was still on an important phone call.

"I'll be there in thirty minutes." I spoke, leaning against the doorway.