07 - Dinner

MYRA

The tall door flung open to a beautiful middle-aged woman dressed in a long flowy blood red dress. She had her brown curly hair slicked back into a neat bun, tied up with a hair clip.

"You must be the girl Chris cant stop talking about?" She said with a gleaming white smile.

"Yes. I'm Myra." I smiled at her.

"Wow," She pulled me into a tight hug, and I sunk into her embrace. "You're so beautiful."

"Thank you." I responded with a kind smile and she eventually pulled away.

"Mom, I'm here too, you know?" Chris protested with an offended look and she rolled her eyes at him.

"How are you son?" She asked, sounding not too interested.

"Good-"

"Sweetheart, come inside." She cut him off and grabbed my hand, leading me into the wide space.

As I stepped inside everything glistened in each corner, it was either a modern art painting or golden furniture. Either way the house was huge.

Let's not even talk about the diamond chandelier at the top of the ceiling.

"Let's introduce you to everyone else." She said brightly as we walked through the corridors and then we sauntered our way to the exterior dining room.

A long table filled with many dishes stood in the center of the room with two familiar faces seated at the sides.

My eyes instantly landed on Elena, adjusting Santiagos tie with a smile resting on her lips while sitting beside him.

I wanted to turn my heels around and do a u-turn to the car but Mrs. Morettis hold on me kept me sane.

"The other pair is here guys." She announced proudly making Elena and Santiago turn their heads in our direction.

His face dropped the second his green eyes spotted mine from afar with Elena giving his tie chest a firm tap to his chest.

"Hi Myra!" She greeted, joyfully waving her hand at me and I returned a soft smile at her.

"Hi, Elena." I greeted, trying hardest to ignore the man death staring me beside her.

"Welcome Myra, we've been wanting to meet you. Please take a seat." A handsome middle-aged man said whilst sitting down on his seat with a wide grin. Santaigo took after him in many ways, with the green eyes and his long hair.

Except he had a few grey hair stripes in his hair and stubble.

"Thank you." I pulled out a seat for myself right across a very stern looking Santiago who was already looking st me. He sat legspread in a neat dress shirt that held his body well, letting only the tattoos on his neck be seen.

His hair was tied back into a neat man-bun, with his facial structure shaded by the golden exterior lights.

"Are we late?" Chris asked his brother as he took a seat next to me, making me gulp nervously and turn to him.

"No, you're good." He responded and grabbed the glass of whiskey infront of him, sipping it with his eyes in our direction.

"Congratulations on the win, you must've made Elena proud." Chris joked with a smile resting on his lips and caused Elena to smile as well.

"Of course, I've been telling him how proud I am all day." She slightly rested the temple of her head on his shoulder and he turned his eyes down at her. "Right baby?"