09 - Red

MYRA

Did he tell Chris about what happened between us? Shit.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Ruth chuckled with her neck length curly hair dangling on her shoulders.

I gulped and grabbed my bag on the couch and tossed it over my shoulder. "I'll be right back."

With that being said, I nearly tripped as I walked to the door of the locker room and walked out to the door shutting itself.

I took the nearest elevator and repeatedly tapped the bottom floor button while standing impatient. When the elevator rung I stepped out and walked past the reception, greeting Summer as she stood confused at my sudden rush.

Not a sign of Chris or Santiago.

As I step outside the main door, my eyes are immediately drawn to the stunning sight before me-an enchanting bouquet of roses held by an unknown brunette woman.

Hundreds of velvety petals in various shades of red, pink, and white are carefully arranged in a cascading fashion. The bouquet stands tall, a magnificent display of elegance and beauty.

Must be a lucky patient getting those bouquet of roses.

As I walk past the woman, I notice the woman dressed in pink deeply staring down at me with a warm smile on her face.

"You must be Myra Carter?" She asks and I slowly nod in question when slowly my steps to her.

"Yes, I am." I respond, very confused.

"Well, this must be fate because this beautiful bouquet of roses was sent by a man named..." She looks down at her phone before saying, "Santiago."

My eyes grew wide at the name and I swallowed when glancing around at the people staring with chatter. They were too far away to hear our conversation which put me to rest.

Why would he send me a bouquet of roses at my workplace? I don't know.

"He also gave you this." She called me out in confusion and my sight shifted to a velvet box she held in her hand. It was blood red and had the name 'Cartier' engraved on the top.

"If I may ask, what is that?" I ask, referring to the box.

"It's only for you to find out." She grins widely and I let out a hopeless sigh.

I should take take before I make the stares around the reception eat me alive.

"Thank you." I send her a soft smile as she kindly hands me the flowers and the box, the weight of it making me slightly stumble back.

"Oh, be careful sweetheart. Santiago wouldn't want to see you trip." She joked loudly and I let out an awkward laugh as I walk back into the building.

"Myra-" Ruth bumped into me and stepped back as she carefully stared at the flowers in my hands with curiosity.

"Ruth. Can you help me take this to the car, please?" I breathlessly blew a curl out of my face and handed her the cartier box she was already staring at with her brown almond eyes.

We quickly made our way outside and walked to the parking lot together with me carrying the bouquet of roses in my arms.

"I'm guessing these aren't from Chris because he's in the middle of performing surgery." She assumed as she flung the door of my car for me, making me place the bouquet down on the passenger seat in defeat and rest my hands on the roof of the car.