13 - Beach Club

SANTIAGO

I stand on the wide green field, the heat of the sun beating down on my skin. We've been practicing together as a team for the past 3 hours, nonstop with men running around the wide staduim.

Winning the championship brings me back to when I was young, how I prayed as to be apart of the champions league not knowing that we'd be the one taking the trophy home.

I can truthfully say that I've fully worked my way to where I am. I went through the hardships, even sleepless nights most of the times whilst trying to get the perfect dribbling technic in my parents backyard.

Looking back at myself and remembering where I came from will forever leave me amazed.

We were all spread on the field, now doing individual exercises with our coaches after the dreading practice match.

I restart off with some simple ball control drills, feeling the familiar weight of the ball against my boot.

"Pass here." Juliano says whilst standing infront of me and I softly kick the ball to him, it rolls to his feet.

"Are you free tonight?" He questions when resting his heel against the ball and I shake my head, sipping on my water bottle.

"You trying to take me out?" I joke and he shoots me a bored look, standing shirtless lowering his shorts further down.

"We haven't had our usual fun ever since the champions league now with the packed brand deals we've been getting. Some guy I know, is throwing a huge party at a club in the Santro beach." He explains.

"Sure but how many people are going to be there?" I ask just to make sure.

"Not going to lie to you. It's gonna be crowded but that's the whole point of a party after all." He says with his arms up in surrender and I double guess with my brows raised.

"Moretti. You haven't had good fun in a while." He says trying to convince me. Juliano doesn't fail showing me that he hates Elena for me but I choose to ignore it.

I can guarantee you, I have had fun.

"I heard about that party, we should go." Ivan steps into the conversation with a wet towel around his head and stood in a pair of sweatpants. They both turned to me waiting on my response.

"My body hurts. Next time I'll for sure be there." I say, massaging my biceps with my hands.

"We receive body therapy after practice, you'll be fine and theres no next time, fucker." Ivan insults jokingly and runs his hand through his blonde buzz cut.

"Watch your mouth you dickhead." I threaten and he continues to laugh with his hand on his stomach.

"You know what it is? This fucker is afraid to have a bit of fun with out his wife not being around him." Juliano starts to chuckle and I glare at him with my arms crossed.

"Let's just go before you guys use this against me." I gave out and they gladly confirmed.

"We definitely would." Juliano says before I walk away from them, with my body aching like crazy.

●●

I feel the powerful bass reverberating through my body, syncing with the rhythm of the crowded beach. People around me are moving in sync as we walk to the wide hut of the beach club.

I couldn't help but be captivated by the vibrant energy that filled the air. The sun was starting to set, casting a warm, golden glow across the sandy shores. The crashing waves begakto beckon me towards the club that awaited us.