20 - Confidential

MYRA

"Have some water." Helen placed three glasses of cold water on the table infront and gave me a look of reassurance.

She knew how much I needed it.

"Thank you, Helen." My mother shoots her a kind smile and she returns it before walking back through the wide open doors, disappearing from our sight.

My parents stare at me as I sit on the chair in the outdoor dining room, they exchange looks in silence. It seems as if I'm in an interrogation room.

After they found Chris and Santiago all defeated in the living room, it ended up to my parents pulling me outside for a chat.

From afar, I spot Santiago get lectured by his dad from the wide window keeping us apart. He sits on the couch with his fingers interlocked and his head between his legs.

He has a few scratches on the side of his cheek, caused by Chris. Honestly, I thought it would be worst.

"I hear Santiago was the one that pulled you away from the gunfire once we seperated at the gala?" My dad starts off, sounding doubtful with his arm crossed over his chest and I turn to face him, blinking my thoughts away.

"Yes, he is." I respond, crossing one leg over the other.

"How did it come to that? Start from the beginning." He asks with concern in his harsh tone, his usual overprotective behavior.

"I went to get myself a drink at the bar, mom can support me on this one, right?" I raise my brows at her and she nods rapidly.

"Yes, I sent you to go get a drink after Enzo came, I remember." She agrees instantly.

"Right, and then as I was about to get the drink," I gulped hard, looking away for a quick second, trying to shift the story to not make it seem like Santiago and I were arguing infront of a whole crowd. Which we were.

"The thing I want to know is, how does he know you?" He speaks with deep desire to know the full story.

"Where'd you hear that from?" I ask, fidgeting with my pants, nervously. The only people that know that me and Santiago knew eachother was Juliano and-

"Ivan, he's a very outgoing boy." He looks over at my mom, she nods. I knew it.

It's not like I could've hid it from them any longer, knowing my parents they would've figured it out some way.

"I agree." She says and looks back at me, waiting on me to speak.

"Well, we've met before the gala." I respond and my dad's eyes grow wide as he straightens his posture.

"What do you mean you've met him before the gala?" He asks and I look up at him from my seat.

"Zion, relax." My mom slowly calmed my dad down but the way his slowly pacing infront of us, says otherwise regarding his body language. "Myra, continue."

My head was spinning, in search of the perfect words to not expose my private life and in fact keep it low-key.

"Christian his brother, we work at the same hospital back home. He invited me to watch a game with him a few days ago and introduced me to his brother, Santiago." I explain calmly, truthfully.

"You mean that guy took my daughter out on a date?" He rubs his beard in annoyance.

He already hates Chris.

"Dad, I'm old enough to-" I complain.

"I'll have my men do a background check on him." He says and gets behind my mother, pulling out his phone to text his men.