12 - Talk it through

SANTIAGO

Myra is sitting on the bench infront of me, across the rehabilitation centre, under the tall trees right across a flowing river. It held an immaculate view of the moon as well as the shadows of people walking past.

It's a dark chilly night with a few patients going on their night walks.

She looks breath-taking under the lights even as she's angry at me.

Her curly hair floats in the breeze with each gentle movement, creating an intricate symphony of waves as her light brown eyes glare at me.

"Are you just going to stare at me?" She says with her arms crossed over her chest and I sigh, finding words that can make her forgive me for what I did.

Out of everything, I start with, "I'm sorry."

It was clearly a bad idea because she threw her hands up.

"You possibly didn't get on your knees for me just to say sorry, did you?" Her brows raise in disbelief, waiting on a response and I place my forearms on the table.

I wouldn't take that as an insult, the way I would immediately get on my knees for this pretty girl is crazy and she has no idea. Ever since I've met her, I've been entirely addicted.

These couple of weeks without her had me craving her touch. Hell, I thought I was going crazy when I started smelling her sweet vanilla scent everywhere I was.

"Hmm?" She pushes me to speak with her shiny lips pierced to the side.

"This might sound weird but," I pause, "I'm the leader of a specific dangerous gang, it's restricted from the real world." I start and expect her to leave but freeze when she starts to chuckle.

"Like what, the mafia?" She scoffs while shaking her head and as I was about to nod, she speaks again.

"I knew I shouldn't of agreed to this." She muttered under her breath. "Will you ever stop lying to women you intentionally hurt?"

Fuck.

"Myra, I know I sounds crazy but let me finish." I demand and she shakes her head before I could even form another word.

She's a difficult girl to convince. So difficult.

"Santiago, lets just act like nothing ever happened between us and move on." She says and grabs her chanel purse, standing up to leave but I slide my shades off and attempt to stop her.

"Myra." I call her and she simply ignores me as she grabs her phone from the table.

"Listen." Looking up at her, I grab a hold of her wrist, it causes her brown eyes to turn down at me.

I can't let her walk away without making her understand my point of view, the truth about me and Elena, which put me to a point of desperation for her to listen to me.

"I'm not done taking to you." I deadpan but it comes out harsher than I intended while holding eye-contact.

Myra stares at me in silence, the soft breeze making us both realize what I had just said.

She pulls her hand away before slowly taking a seat again and it makes my chest feel at ease.

"What now?" She says softly with her pretty brown eyes rolled to the corner of her eyes, fed up.

Fuck it.

"I'll start with my relationship with Elena." I add. Her eyes slowly widen at the mention of Elena.