10 - Conflict

MYRA

He shut the door behind him and I entered the wide space. A nostalgic presence flashed through me as I gazed around his neat grey themed penthouse. Numerous gold medals were placed on the wall, alighned next to eachother.

The night sky stood still as rain a thunder storm struck through thw wide windows. The sound of raindrops tapping on the glass gradually becomes stronger and more insistent. The sky darkens, and the air feels heavy with anticipation.

"I seriously don't understand you." I start as he walks up to me with the velvet box in his hand.

"How do you not feel any form of guilt after sending me that behind your fiancées back?" I ask with my eyes on his as he halts infront of me. I needed an answer, quick.

"Why bring her into this?" He shut his eyes in defeat for a brief second.

"Well, maybe because she's your fiancée? Just maybe you got on one knee and asked her to spend the rest of your life with you." I argued with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Do you always jump to conclusions?" He sighed.

"Listen, I'm not here to argue with you." I started with my arms crossed over my chest.

"On a professional note. I would appreciate it if you'd stop sending me anything, along with deleting my number off your phone. It's going to cause trouble. We," I pointed between the both of us, "never happened."

"Oh, we never happened?" He repeated seeming offended as he took a step forward and I slowly nodded in agreement.

"Yes, and it stays like that-"

"There's nothing going on between Elena and I." He revealed making me pause for a brief second.

"Santiago, she's your fiancée. How is there nothing going on?" I ask, confusion lacing my tone and he remained silence.

"There's more to it -"

"I'm done here. And-I'll keep the bouquet of roses only because it's heavy and I can't carry it here." That being said, I turned my heels to the door only to be stopped by him.

"Myra, listen to me." He grabs ahold of my wrist and turns my body to face him.

"Santiago, we can't keep doing this—"

As I open my mouth to finish my sentence, he places his hands on either sides of my face and unexpectedly crashes his soft lips on mine.

With my hands on his chest, I smoothly pull away and blink a couple of times whilst looking into his lusting green eyes. Butterflies arise in my stomach, making me mentally deny the deep attraction I hold for him.

My heart leaps in my mouth.

This is so wrong, why am I feeling this way?

"Don't kiss me." I say softly while looking into his eyes but clearly actions speak louder than words.

I add fuel to the fire and grab him by his dress shirt. He leans forward as I softly press my lips on his, and he opens his mouth to give me access with his hands grazing my jaw.

The feeling of his lips was all too familiar, causing me to slowly moan in his mouth and suck on his tongue.

We're kissing, hungrily around his penthouse, twisting and turning. As if our lives depends on it. His tongue slips inside my mouth, gentle but demanding, and it's gains this sensual feeling inside at the pit of my stomach. I melted in our kiss, overall his touch.