Late-Night Tutoring (fmaa2)

***

I'm sorry for hyper focusing on fmaa2 lately but in my defense, I did not get to write anything for ages, and I am not even supposed to be writing. Also, I never really had the opportunity before to dwell on Sweammare's past here sooo...

Used information found on this website, I have no clue what they could be studying about in biology I had to improvise: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2392685-we-now-know-how-many-cells-there-are-in-the-human-body/#:~:text=The%20average%20adult%20male%20has,28%20trillion%2C%20researchers%20have%20found

Enjoy your reading!

***

Timeline: 20##, 16 years old Dream and Nightmare

Warnings: One-sided attraction, strong language

Synopsis: At first, they were convinced that he was cheating on Dream's paper, seeing that he was the top student and always sitting next to him, it did not seem impossible. However, Nightmare's results would be the same even if he were to be put alone in a room. The worst thing is that he only ever seemed to improve.

When he was questioned about it, he only responded that he had a very good night tutor.

But who would be able to teach that well and so frequently?

***

It was Monday morning, and a new day of high school full of learning for Dream and Nightmare. Though, it would be more accurate to single out Dream since Nightmare was currently sprawled over his desk, his face buried in his arms as he slept.

Dream, sat next to him as usual (Nightmare never let anybody else sit beside him, he was his best friend, get your own), seemingly unfazed by the other's state. There was nothing surprising about it as he usually spent the day sleeping and the night thriving.

But how repetitive this was seemed to just get on the teachers' nerves and that held especially true for the history professor, who was angrier than usual that day.

They had just finished scolding the whole class when they noticed Nightmare's sleeping form, their wrath reigniting on the spot as they ordered Dream to wake his friend up.

At the latter's refusal, the teacher walked up to their table and reached out to Nightmare, about to shake him awake themself. However, they were stopped from touching him by Dream grabbing their hand.

Before they could think of lashing out at him, he spoke up. "Believe me, you do not want to see how problematic Nightmare can be when he gets woken up."

They stared at each other for a solid five seconds before the teacher finally turned away, scoffing.

They were not the only one dissatisfied with Nightmare's behavior, their colleagues were too, often complaining about how he did not pay attention to class, too busy sleeping to care for their lessons.

Some would even complain about Nightmare having the audacity to lay on Dream's lap and sleep, not budging an inch when he was called out to.

They could all agree that Nightmare was a student who did not care about lessons yet, he always got one of the highest grades on tests, right behind Dream.

At first, they were convinced that he was cheating on Dream's paper, seeing that he was the top student and always sitting next to him, it did not seem impossible. However, Nightmare's results would be the same even if he were to be put alone in a room. The worst thing is that he only ever seemed to improve.