Regret (Drueswap)

I'll use the fmaa2 acronym to refer to the AT where Dream's a lawyer and Blue's an actor, it's becoming quite tiring to just refer to it as "that AT".

You've been presented several oneshots about this au already but since I don't exactly write them in chronological order, it might be quite confusing so I'll just write their order so far.

A normal day for two married idiots in love, Regret, Loneliness, Longing and finally Snap.

Now that I've said this, we can go back to the normal planned content.

Enjoy your reading.

***

Synopsis: "Do you ever regret it?"

"Regret what?"

Warnings: None, I think.

***

"Do you ever regret it?" Once the words left his lips, Blue caught Dream freezing, his eyes wide open. The coat he has been holding in his hand was let go off, the sound of the cloth hitting the ground going unnoticed by both parties.

"What?" The other finally let out after a while, his voice no more than a whisper. Most of the time, he didn't let others see how he was feeling, locking away all emotions behind a poker face. But this time, the look of perplexity on his facial features was so obvious that he might as well have been wearing his heart on his sleeve. "What do you mean? Regret what?"

It seems like the fact Dream was running late flew right above his head, instead focusing on the sudden look of clear fatigue on the other's face. Blue sighed, looking away as he slumped back onto the couch, clutching Dream's hoodie so hard he might as well rip it. "Forget it, it's not important."

As he turned away, the shuffling of clothes was heard and a loud thud echoed, signaling that Dream had put down his bag. Footsteps approached and the only reaction Blue gave to that was itching even closer to the couch, letting his eyes flutter shut.

The furniture tipped with Dream's additional weight and a few seconds later, Blue felt a cool hand petting his hair. He relaxed at the touch, leaning just a bit closer to it. "Blue." Said one cracked one eye open, eyeing his husband with the corner of his eye.

"It definitely seems like it was important to you." He remarked, staring at him in the eye. "What is it?"

Blue closed his eyes again, curling into a smaller ball. "You're running late, your firm isn't going to be happy." There was a bit of silence where the petting stopped. He waited for the lawyer to sigh in defeat and stand up before walking away but none of that happened.

Simply, he resumed his petting as if he didn't hear what the other was reminding him off. "I'm not going anywhere when you're so obviously upset like that." Those words went straight to Blue's heart, triggering those butterflies in his stomach to start fluttering around.

No, stop it!

Even though he tried as hard as he could, he would never be able to completely deny it.

He was falling in love with Dream.

That knowledge terrified him to no end. When had those flirts of his transitioned from entertainment purposes to being genuine? When had he started to feel so upbeat whenever Dream was near? When had he started to feel his heart flutter at the thought of the other?

The first time he had noticed was just two days ago when his husband finally convinced him to sue his brother for all the atrocities he made him go through, having his whole life being played like a movie in court with cameras everywhere... Knowing that those images of him where he was so vulnerable were broadcasted everywhere...