III - Another round (Dreammare)

Warning: I don't really think it deserves one but insomnia?- You never know.

So in this one, I went screw it and made them have access to technology because I needed them to be able to play the Sims 4 for that one. Enjoy the chaos.

====

"Better?" Nightmare asked, staring down at Dream who had seemingly given up on keeping his posture as straight as an I and instead preferred to slouch against the table, face buried deep in his arms. An empty glass stood near him, the white lines left over by the swallowed milk swirling down to the very bottom of the recipient.

"Mhm." Dream hummed, voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt. "I don't feel like I'm melting from the inside out anymore."

Nightmare chuckled, grabbing the glass and filling it with water before putting it in the sink to rot there until one of them finally decided to get working on it. Most of the time, Dream was the one who lost his patience first and washed them squeaky clean while groaning about his housemate's laziness.

"Well that's great, that means we can get back to the game then." A muffled groan was Dream's response, soon followed by his face leaning even more heavily on his arms.

"Actually, maybe I'm still dying." Nightmare rolled his eyes in amusement, grabbing the other by his right hand and tugging him in his direction.

Dream stood up with a low growl, stumbling on Nightmare for a few before he took back his posture king's role. "I don't like this game."

"Don't worry, I promise there will be no more spicy food to have now." Dream narrowed his eyes on him.

"You said that last time too, I can no longer trust you." Dream huffed, crossing his arms around his chest, mouth pressed thin.

"Oh come on." Nightmare whined, inching closer to Dream until his nose was almost touching his cheek. "Trust me, this one time?"

A sigh left Dream's mouth. "Alright fine, if you go back on your words, I will give you the silent treatment." Nightmare grinned, once again grabbing the boy's wrist and leading him back to the living room.

"Great, let's go then!" Nightmare walked over there enthusiastically while the boy behind him dragged his feet across the red carpet, acting like a slave going back to work in the fields under the harsh gaze of the sun.

They both sat down on their respective seats in silence. "I believe it was your turn."

"You got that right." Nightmare caught a paper with two fingers and held it out of the basket before unfolding it. " 'What is your guilty pleasure?' "

You.

"Hm, that's a hard one, let me think." Nightmare scratched his chin in thoughts, pupils looking at the ceiling. Then something seems to click inside his brain. "Oh yeah, I love stealing your clothes."

Confusion arose on Dream's face. "Stealing my clothes? Are you the reason why my drawers are progressively getting emptier?"

"It's not my fault if you don't watch over them well." He shrugged with a content smile.

Dream sent him a deadpanned look. "If you wanted more clothes, you should have just said so. I could have bought you some more from the store." Nightmare shook his head.

"No no, you misunderstand me." Dream was so blind, it was almost painful. "I don't want new clothes, I just like borrowing yours." Dream arched an eyebrow at that but didn't comment further.

"Anyways, it's your turn again, would you look at that!" Dream's pained expression came back at once, making Nightmare puff again.

"If it goes on Dare again, this game is rigged and you're a cheater." Dream mumbled, staring at the wheel he just spun intensely. It took five seconds for it to stop but it felt like an eternity to him.