Waltz of Violence (Sweammare?)

***

Sweammare has kind of been abandoned lately so it's time to bring them back a little, don't you think? This one-shot is more about platonic Sweammare than anything else but if you want to see it as romantic then who am I to stop you?

***

Warnings: Blood/violence, angst, lots of angst, strong language

Synopsis: He soon joined Error and Cross and once they jumped into the portal, they would be back to the Omega Timeline, and he would not see Dream again until the next time he chased after him.

That was supposed to be the end of it.

That was supposed to end there.

But it did not.

***

There was yet another fight.

Their blades clashed again.

At one point, Error had managed to open a portal while he and Cross managed to fight off Ink.

That kind of stuff always happened, would even dare say he fought against Dream for breakfast at one point.

Nightmare would have looked for an opening and since there was none, he had to create one himself. Most of the time, talking about the past did the trick so that is what he did again today.

"You would have never even thought about doing this in the past. Was it me?" As he expected him to, Dream froze and looked away. He soon joined Error and Cross and once they jumped into the portal, they would be back to the Omega Timeline, and he would not see Dream again until the next time he chased after him.

That was supposed to be the end of it.

That was supposed to end there.

But it did not.

"The past is the past." He heard Dream mutter as he froze in place, his two friends looking over to him in worry. He could vaguely make out their confused calls, but he did not react, his ears instead ringing as he focused on Dream's voice.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

The sentence rang echoed in his head multiple times, each echo getting louder.

Before he realized what he was doing, the tip of his staff had already begun glowing a bright purple before it grew into a circular blade, the aura dissipating to reveal his scythe.

Error was the first to notice Nightmare's weapon and he screamed, strings shooting toward him.

It was a vain attempt to stop him though, having already leaped toward the winged man opposing him, his scythe above his head.

Once he felt Nightmare's aura suddenly zooming toward him at top speed, Dream's portal dissipated into a mess of golden particles in the air as he stepped aside, just barely dodging the blade that cut through the air right next to his head.

The air's howl, due to the scythe's speed, could only make one shudder at the thought of someone being within reach. They would not have stood a chance.

Everyone on the battlefield had their eyes blown wide open as they watched Nightmare recover from the failed attempt at slicing Dream in two, lifting his scythe off the ground again to swing it horizontally at the same target.

Dream, while being baffled by Nightmare being the one to strike first this time, quickly recomposed himself as he summoned his sword, parring the attack.